Cells vs. Viruses
By Cassie Scott
What are they?
CHARACTERISTICS of LIFE
1) Living things grow and develop
2) Living things have DNA
3) Living things respond to the environment
4) Living things are made of one or more cells
5) Living things reproduce
6) Living things maintain homeostasis
7) Living things obtain and use material and energy
8) Living things evolve
9) Living things are organized
Which Characteristics of Life do Viruses Have?
Describe the typical structure of a virus. What is a virus made of? What biomolecules would you find in a virus?
Discuss the different ways viruses gain entry into a cell.
Explain why the Ebola virus would not infect a tobacco plant.
Name five viruses and the type of cell that they attack.
Herpes B virus - Animal cells
Measles virus - Animal cells
Tobacco necrosis virus - Plant cells
Flu virus - Animal cells