Rouse's English I Honors Newsletter
November 15, 2012
Hi, Parents! What an incredible English I Honors class I have been blessed to teach this semester! First quarter, we read To Kill a Mockingbird and a short story unit, as well as worked on SAT, Tone, and Greek stems. We also studied grammar and writing. Currently, we are reading Lord of the Flies and Julius Caesar. We will continue to work on vocabulary, writing, and grammar, as well.
The Peace Center Field Trip
Our Peace Center Field Trip will be this Tuesday, November 20th. The charter bus will be in the student parking lot area at 8:15. Students need to be on the charter bus by 8:30, so that we can depart promptly at 8:45. We are extremely excited to get to see the Edgar Allan Poe show at the Peace Center. The play begins at 10, and after the play, we will eat lunch at the Haywood Mall Food Court. Please remember to send your child with lunch money, as this cost was not included in the the field trip cost. We will be back to school around 2. Thank you so much for allowing your child to participate in this fabulous field trip!
Keeping You in the Know
Just a few reminders to help you monitor your child's progress:
- I post homework and upcoming assessments on my website each day by 5 p.m.
- The textbooks are on-line. The links are on my website.
- If you have not already, sign up for the Parent Portal. This will allow you to see your child's grades. Contact Pam Stokes at 355.1804.
- I am available Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday before and after school to help your child if he or she needs assistance with my class.
What's Going on at The Ridge
- For 2011-12, Blue Ridge High School achieved an Absolute Rating of Excellent and a Growth Rating of Good. Go Tigers!
- Blue Ridge High and Greer High competed in a Canned Food Drive for the Greer Community. We collected over 8,000 cans.
- The Freshman Class is selling BRHS hoodies and sweatpants until November 30th.
- Seat Time Recovery Dates are listed on my website and the school website. 9th graders turn in STR forms and money to Mrs. Metris Cain, and her number is 355.1876 if you have any questions.