The Imperfections of Christmas
Only 20 days left until we leave school for the holidays and a much needed break. Before we go I know everyone will be rushing around trying to teach last minute lessons, planning some fun holiday things for students, reviewing for semester exams, etc. All of this will be going on while you are getting ready for the holiday at home too! It's so easy to get caught up getting things " just right."
As you begin your holiday preparations, I give you this little piece of advice from Jennifer Worth author of Call the Midwife:
"Like all the things in life that are truly meaningful, Christmas is never about perfection."
One of the lights will go out, the edges of the cookies will burn, some of your students will not do as well as you want them to on the semester exam. The most important thing to show others during the holidays is that you care and that doesn't require perfection.
Christmas Lights Photo By: Bob Ricca on Unsplash
Santa Mug Photo By: Drew Coffman on Unsplash
Updates - Stay in the Loop:
- Playposit Login Problem - I sent an email about this before, but just a reminder. There is a weird issue happening with Playposit login. Randomly the Third Party Cookie Blocker turns on in Google settings preventing students from being able to use Google Sign On. Here's the video on how to fix the problem.
- Hip Hip Hooray! Brain POP is coming!!! - Mr. C purchased Brain POP for us and I couldn't be more excited. I have been a fan of Brain Pop for YEARS! Stay tuned for news from Joan about when all student accounts will be active!!!
Virtual Learning Activities
Remember - Four are required for the year AND one must be a REQUESTED Nepris Session!
- YAY!!! They have a new website!
- Remember some of these COST MONEY!!! Be careful when choosing!
- Use the tech info here to register!
You can check out a webcam with a mic from the media center!
Don't forget to record your virtual learning activities on the sheet in the HMS Team Drive here!