September 17, 2017
Upcoming This Week:
Celebrate Freedom Week Sept 18 - 22nd
Monday, September 18th:
- BJH Volleyball vs Millsap @ 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 19th:
- 6th grade Running Club after school
- BJH Tennis vs Aledo at BHS Tennis Courts 4;00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 20th
- BJH Cross Country at Poolville 4:00 p.m.
- NHS tutoring begins after school - pick up 4:20
- Homecoming Parade 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 21st
- Flu Clinic
- Eagle Football vs Kennedale 4:30 p.m.
Friday, September 22nd
- End 1st Six Weeks
- BHS Homecoming Pep Rally 8:50
Saturday, September 23rd
- BJH Lady Eagle Volleyball B team Boyd Tournament
Monday, September 25th
Teacher Comp/Inservice Day - Student Holiday
BJH Volleyball vs Tolar 4:00 p.m.
BJH CC at Eastland 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 26th
Beginning 2nd 6 Weeks
Running Club 6th grade
Wednesday, September 27th
See You At The Pole
Thursday, September 28th
BJH Eagle Football vs. Pilot Point 4:30 p.m.
Friday, September 29th
Report Cards Sent Home
Saturday, September 30th
BJH Cheerleaders at Arlington AT&T Stadium 10:00
Brock Sports: You can now follow in-game scores and final scores for Brock athletic teams on the app “Score Stream”. Scores can be updated by users throughout the game. You will need to download the Score Stream app to your smartphone or go to https://scorestream.com/ then sign up to see Brock Eagles scores. You can also view scores on the Brock Athletic website at http://www.brockisd.net/25147
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
- Friday, September 22nd - Homecoming
- Friday, October 20th - The Ranch (there was a date change)
BJH will host the following Pep Rallies at BJH at 2:50 p.m.:
- Thursday, November 2nd
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ email@example.com