Family Weekly Update
When: October 1st from 8-11
Where: The fieldhouse
Who: Mount Vernon high school students. Seniors may bring a high school-aged guest. No middle school students are permitted. Guest forms are located in the office and are due by Tuesday, September 20.
Cost: $15.00 a ticket. Tickets can be purchased before or after school in room 120.
- Tickets will NOT be sold during the day.
- Tickets will be on sale from September 19-September 30th before and after school only.
- Tickets will be doubled at the door. No exceptions.
- Heels and dress shoes will not be permitted in the fieldhouse. Flip flops will be provided. There will be a shoe/purse/coat check for a small fee run by the Art Club.
Students can check bags, coats, phones, and/or shoes.
OCC Leadership Conference
Students set goals for their schools. Some of the goals included reaching down to the elementary schools for lunch or recess and creating better sportsmanship among student bodies.
Mount Vernon FFA Competes in Forestry Competitions
On September 6th, in the county competition members were asked to identify a tree by its features and characteristics, such as; average tree sizes, volume, and quality. Then they measured the trees to try and determine the average sale price of that particular tree. Members traveled to Garrett and Linda Swendal's farm in Danville to compete in this competition.
In the district competition on September 8th, competitors were asked to identify the tree by its leaves and bark, determine timber pricing based on the height, diameter, and type of tree, identify timber equipment, and read topographic maps and compasses. Students spent time in and out of class preparing for this event. The members traveled to Knox Woods to compete in this event.
On September 20th, Case Armstrong and Anysten VanHouten took the online Ohio state forestry exam. The team placed 32 in the state, with 260 members from around the state competing in this event.
New HIVE Incentive for students
Parent Teacher Conferences
Damaged Vape Detectors
- Football v. Wooster (Homecoming)
Saturday, October 1
- JV Football @ Wooster
- JV Golf @ Dublin Coffman Invitational
- Varsity Golf @ Pick Central Invitational
- Boys Soccer v. Lancaster
- Cross Country @ Olentangy Berlin Bear Dash
- Homecoming Dance (Fieldhouse)
Monday, October 3
- Volleyball v. Newark (Volley for a Cure)
- Boys Soccer v. Madison
- Girls Soccer @ Zanesville
- Volleyball v. Madison
- Varsity Soccer @ Sectionals
Thursday, October 6
- Boys Soccer v. Fairfield Union
- Girls Soccer @ Madison
- Volleyball @ Lexington
Friday, October 7
- Football @ Madison