This Week in DHS Band and Guard
Week of September 5, 2022
This Week's Schedule
Monday, September 5th
- No school or rehearsal - Happy Labor Day!
Tuesday, September 6th
- Full Band Rehearsal, 5 pm - 7:30 pm
Wednesday, September 7th
- Color Guard Sectional, 7:30 - 8:55 am
- Winds and Percussion Sectional, 5 pm - 7:30 pm
Thursday, September 8th
- Full Band Rehearsal, 5 pm - 7:30 pm
Friday, September 9th
- Davenport @ Pieper, Warrior Stadium, 7 pm kickoff
Pieper Football Game
Parents, please consider signing up to volunteer as a chaperone or load crew if you have already completed the CISD background check here. The sign up to volunteer is here.
Please note that volunteer report times are tentative. We are taking school busses to the game, and we are waiting to hear from the transportation department on when we will be picked up on Friday.
We will be wearing our formal marching band uniforms for the game on Friday. Please read the list of items to bring to school on Friday carefully.
Students need to bring these items with them to school on Friday.
- Grey Wolf Band water bottle filled with ice and water
- Band – long black socks, marching shoes, compression shirt and shorts, gloves, band ball cap, athletic shorts for run-through.
- Color guard – show hair and makeup, bodytights, black socks, show undergarments, and guard shoes.
Here are some things to consider for band students in the formal uniform.
Hair needs to be up off the collar – use only black hair ties.
No make-up or jewelry may be worn, except class rings and SLT bracelets. Please remove all finger nail polish this week. Ear/nose/eye piercings must be covered with a bandaid if they cannot be removed.
Tentative Schedule for the day (We will finalize this once we hear from transportation)
- 5th period (1:31) - All band and color guard students report to band hall - change into rehearsal clothes
- 2:00 pm - Short run through then load truck
- 3:00 pm - Get dressed in formal uniforms
- 3:40 pm - Inspection
- 4:00 pm - Leave DHS for Pieper HS
- 5:00 pm - Feed the Band @ Pieper HS
- 5:30 pm - Get dressed in full uniform and unload truck
- 6:30 pm - Pre-Game Ceremonies
- 7:00 pm - Game starts
- 10:15 pm - Leave Warrior Stadium
- 11:15 pm - Approximate Parent Pick Up (students need to help unload their instrument off the truck before leaving)
Freshmen football players will attend band practice after school on Tuesday instead of football, and then band practice after football practice is over the remainder of the week. Students who have an unexcused absence from after school rehearsal will not perform at halftime at the football game this week. Please communicate any conflicts that you have with band rehearsals. We will work with your schedule to find solutions.
Pictures/Video from Tivy Game
Uniform Committee Volunteers
The uniform committee is looking for volunteers to help with laundering and organizing throughout the season. This dirty consists of taking a few uniforms home to wash, placing them back in the uniform bags, and returning them to school before the next game. We anticipate no more than 4-5 launderings throughout the season.
The more volunteers we get, the less work there is for everyone! Please contact the Uniform Committee Chair, Emily Lachance, to volunteer: text/call 830-734-3005 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ways and Means Committee is selling yard signs to all band members for the cost of $25. Signs are personalized with band member’s name and section. DMS and athletics signs are also available for $35, generic non-personalized signs are $15. Contact Kathryn Evans to order at 210-332-2350.
We have two sets of remind groups.
- The first is for directors to communicate with both parents and students. We used this Friday to let everyone know the game was delayed 30 minutes due to rain.
- The second is for section parents to communicate with parents in their section.
Please take a moment to join the appropriate groups by texting the code including the @ to 81010.
Directors to Students/Parents
- Woodwinds - @99edfh to 81010
- Brass - @dhswolfb to 81010
- Percussion - @kdb2aa to 81010
- Color Guard - @dhswolfba to 81010
Section Parent to Parents (no students)
Flute - @eaddkbd
Clarinet - @33628ef
Saxes - @3fb7bhb
Trumpets - @edfbeg
Mello - @2428cb7
Trombone - @ebdakk7
Baritone/Tuba - @g3c79b
Percussion - @kkgdg99
Color Gaurd - @942kc8
Google Classroom Codes
Students, please make sure you sign up for the appropriate Google Classroom. Here are the codes.
Color Guard - hh3vpyu
Jazz Band - d4ivhhl
Concert Band/Applied Music - 6fzjvcj
5th period Percussion - agedzf3
6th Period Percussion - emddbzd
Fee payments (Use this link for everything except instrument usage fees.)
- September 12th, No Rehearsal, Meet the Teacher, 6 pm
- September 13th, Full Band Rehearsal rescheduled from Meet the Teacher, 5-7:30 pm
- September 16th, Davenport v. Lockhart Football Game (Middle School Night), 7 pm
- September 17th, Region Jazz Auditions, La Vernia HS
- September 23rd, Fair Day Parade, morning
- September 27th, Band Booster Meeting, 6:30 pm, Band Hall
- September 30th, Davenport @ Devine Football Game, 7:30 pm
- October 1st, USBands Marching Contest, Piper HS, All Day
- October 3rd, Comal ISD Band Exhibition, Smithson Valley HS, 7 pm
- October 5th, Homecoming Parade and Pep Rally, Evening
- October 7th, Davenport v. Taylor Football Game (Homecoming), 7:30 pm
- October 8th, Comal Classic Marching Competition, Canyon HS, Morning and Afternoon
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Color Guard Assistant Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands