Principal's Back to School
August 2018 - Woodfield Elementary
I hope this letter finds you enjoying summer and all of your summer activities. We have been busy with lots of projects here at school.
It is hard to believe that in just a few short weeks we will be starting school. Our custodians have done an outstanding job of getting the school ready. The building is in great shape thanks to all of their hard work. In conjunction with the PTO fundraiser, we will be installing new "Elmo" document camera in the classrooms.
Our theme this year is a "Jungle theme, so you will be seeing lots of "wild about learning" and "swinging into learning" signs. The focus will continue to be on student achievement, both academically and socially.
Open House is August 29th from 5:00-6:30. If you were unable to attend our registration day on the 15th, the team will be here to assist you in filling out all the necessary paperwork and purchasing of any supplies. Class lists will also stay posted during registration.
You are, and continue to be, your child’s first and most important teacher. We would like to partner with you in continuing your child’s learning. Communication between school and home is critical to the success of students. Please contact your child’s teacher or myself if you have any questions or concerns. My door is always open and I encourage parents to stop in and discuss any concerns, celebrations, and or ideas that you may have. This is going to be an outstanding year!
Waterford Graded School District Referendum Information
Referendum Information Sessions
Wednesday, October 3rd 6:00-8:00 pm @ Fox River Middle School
Wednesday, October 24th 6:00-8:00 pm @ Fox River Middle School
Waterford Grade School Website & App
Open House - August 29th from 5:00-6:30 pm.
Open House - What to bring . . .
Drop Off & Pick-Up
Pick-up/Drop-off Procedure – At Woodfield Elementary School, we place a great deal of emphasis on student safety. If your child is driven to and from school, please make sure to drop him/her off on the school side of the driveway. All too often, parents “double park” and students are dropped off or picked up from the outside lane of traffic and they need to cross between many cars. This is not a safe practice and it sets a bad example for our students. Also, if you park in the lot, please escort your children to and from the car. Staff members will not allow children to walk to and from cars in the lot without adult supervision. If you need to leave your vehicle to come into school for any reason, please park in one of the marked spaces in the lot and not in the driveway. Driveway parking is only for immediate drop-offs or pick-ups. Parents are also reminded that cars are not permitted to drive around the back of the building.
Please Remember These Drop-Off and Pick-Up Rules:
- Children must enter and exit vehicles on the passenger side of the vehicle only (keeping them safely out of the lane of moving traffic).
- Cars may pull up only to the curb and may not “double park” in order to pick up a child for any reason. Children may not walk between parked cars in order to board their parent’s “double parked” vehicle for any reason.
- Drivers should not leave their vehicle and must remain seated in the driver’s seat in order to pull ahead when necessary (except to help a small child get into the car).
- Cars must pull ahead to fill in the gaps that occur when a vehicle exits.
- The curb is not a parking area and cars that are left parked there create a backup for everyone.
- Parents parking in the parking lot for pickup are required to walk up the sidewalk to escort their child back to the car.
- Cars should not block the road where busses need to exit.
- No vehicles are allowed to drive behind the school between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM as these are the main times children are arriving to and leaving school.
9/4 1st Day of School 5K-6th Grade, PTO Back to School Breakfast
9/5 1st Day of School for 4K
9/6 Orchestra/Band Instrument sign up @ Evergreen Pit 3:30-6:30
9/11 PTO Meeting 4:00
9/13 4K/5K Parent Orientation 6:00-7:00
9/18 Picture Day - if you did not have taken @ registration
9/25 Parent Meeting for Chorus /Orchestra/Band @ Fox River 6:00-7:30