Stay Cool, Hyer!
Riding the Wave of Excellence
Get Your Board Ready!
I hope you all are getting stoked for another swim through a school year together at Hyer Elementary. The waves are cranking and the tides are strongly aligned for the ride of a lifetime. Ok, so perhaps that is a little too amped , too soon; nevertheless, I do hope you are getting prepared for a fantastic 2014- 15.
Newest Members of the Wolfpack
Special Areas Team
- Toby Trottter- PE- Toby will team-up with Carol Brosseau to help lead our PE program. Toby most recently was an assistant football coach at Southwestern Oklahoma State University. Toby has a Masters in Sports Management and will be bringing his two children to Hyer this year!
- Lacey Glenn-1st Grade- Lacey has taught four years of second grade in Frisco ISD prior to coming to Hyer. She has her Masters in School Administration and comes highly endorsed by Ashley Kotrla!
- Kristi Dean- 1st Grade- While not new to the lineup, Kristi Dean will take over her very first classroom joining our totally awesome first grade team! Kristi served as our STAAR Tutor and as a long term substitute last year.
- Debbie Wolff- 2nd Grade- Debbie comes to Hyer from Irving ISD where she taught 3rd and 4th grade as well as serving as a GT Teacher. Debbie has her Masters in School Administration.
- Catherine Harris- 2nd Grade- Catherine returns to Texas after a short stint in Kentucky. Catherine has 14 years of teaching experience and at one point was the mentor teacher for Ashley McCutchin (Hyer Teacher of the Year)! Catherine also has her Masters in School Administration.
- Amber Braud- 4th Grade- Amber taught third grade in Clear Creek ISD for six years where she also served as the team lead and worked with Laura Rhoten. Amber has her Masters in Elementary Education.
- Jennifer Eppler-4th Grade- Jennifer brings 20 years of teaching experience to Hyer. She most recently served as the Campus Gifted and Talented Specialist and the Math and Science Instructional Support Teacher in Plano ISD. Jennifer has her Masters in Liberal Arts from SMU and comes highly endorsed by Lindsey Estill!
- Brittany Johnson - 4th Grade- Brittany taught SPED, 2nd grade and 4th grade in Frisco ISD prior to joining our fourth grade team. She is entering her 6th year of teaching and also worked with Ashley Kotrla in Frisco ISD!
New Members of our Special Education Team
- Debra Cahn- Resource- Debra brings over 20 years of teaching experience ranging from Illinois, Richardson and Plano. She recently served as the SPED Team Leader in Plano ISD as a resource teacher.
- Kelly Thompson- Structure- Kelly taught in Duncanville ISD for five years before joining our team. She has also taught in the HPISD ESY Program since 2009. Kelly has her Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction.
- Angie Beauregard-Structure Instructional Assistant- Angie returns to education after a stint of staying home and raising children. She taught in Plano ISD in several capacities such as Bilingual Education and Special Education.
- Hayden Hunt-LIFT Instructional Assistant- Hayden recently graduated from Texas Tech University and is a certified Special Education Teacher. She student taught in kindergarten and in a self-contained life skills classroom. Hayden is also a graduate of HPISD!
- Lexi Calhoun- LIFT Instructional Assistant- Lexi has four years of experience serving as an instructional assistant in working with children receiving special education services in both LIFT (life skills) and PBS (behavior support) classrooms. Lexi has worked in Garland ISD and Richardson ISD prior to joining our team.
- Natalie Vermillion-1st/2nd Tutor- Natalie is a recent graduate of The University of Mississippi and is currently pursuing a Masters Degree in Special Education. Natalie student taught in kindergarten and worked as a counselor for the University of Mississippi Center for Mathematics and Science Education.
- Amanda LeDoux- 3rd/4th Tutor- Amanda has nine years of teaching experience from Austin, Louisiana, North Carolina and most recently, Richardson ISD. Amanda has a Masters Degree in Education Leadership and spent time as an Instructional Facilitator in North Carolina.
Hangin' Loose with the Huskies
New Teacher Week
Professional Development Week- All Staff
- 8:30- New Teaching Staff at Hyer
- Mentors should arrive at 10:00 *** this is different from District schedule
- 10:00- Para-Professionals and Non Teaching Staff at HP Middle School 3555 Granada
- 11:00- 11:30- District Information Tables- all new staff
- 11:30- 12:30- Fajita Festival for all new staff and mentors
- 12:30- 4:00- all new staff and mentors at HP Middle School
- 8:00- 4:00 at HP Middle School (breakfast provided/ lunch on your own)
- 8:00- 4:00- at HP Middle School (breakfast provided/ lunch on your own)
- 8:00- SDAS presentation at UP Elementary
- 1:00- work in rooms at Hyer
Professional Development Week- All Staff
- 8:00- Welcome Breakfast/ Convocation at HPHS
- 10:30- Staff picture at Hyer- Auditorium
- 11:00- Lunch hosted by Hyer PTA
- 12:00- Staff meeting
- District Curriculum Day at UP Elementary
- Campus Professional Development Day at Hyer
- 8:00- Breakfast
- Teacher Work Day (breakfast and lunch on your own)
- 6:30- 7:30- Meet the Teacher Night (dinner will be provided before Meet the Teacher Night)
- Hyer Bridging Day
- 8:00- Breakfast
- Lunch on your own
Click here to read the Hyer Basics for 2014-15. It will be helpful to have reviewed this by August 18th.
A Request from our Teacher of the Year, Ashley McCutchin---PLEASE READ!!!!
As you know, Ashely McCutchin will be representing Hyer Elementary AND HPISD as the Elementary Teacher of the Year. One big responsibility she will undertake is to deliver a speech at Convocation. She has respectfully requested that the Hyer Staff sit close to the stage to give her a friendly and familiar audience to address as she stands in front of the entire HPISD Staff. You all may retreat to the balcony and back rows next year! Please help honor Ashley and her request by sitting close to the stage during Convocation this year.
Surf's Up Selfie
Admit it, sometime over the summer you took a selfie to help capture a moment to share with friends. Well, this is your chance to either share that selfie with more friends or have an excuse to take a new one. Please take a minute to post a selfie to the Padlet that can be accessed from the link shared below. Include a hashtag to help capture your summer. Have fun with this, no stress, and thanks for sharing with our team. I have gone ahead and posted mine... so it can only get better from here!! Here is the link: