DISCOVERY SCHOOL AT FOUR CORNERS
Dear DSFC families,
Wow, it is May! We are in the home stretch of this crazy and unusual school year with only 29 school days left! This month, we will spend some time planning for the end of the year and hope to have some fun events for our students. We are also in the process of planning for next school year and transitioning students into their next grade and classroom. While there are still many unknowns, we will do our best to look ahead to a new and exciting school year.
This past week was Teacher Appreciation Week and I would like to take the opportunity to say a huge THANK YOU to the amazing teachers at DSFC. I am honored to work such caring and dedicated staff. This year, more than ever, our teachers deserve recognition for their hard work adjusting to all the changes thrown at them. Teachers have been asked to do things differently: teach remotely, teach in person, teach outside, keep students (and themselves) masked and distanced, navigate the district and state guidelines, while also providing a sense of normalcy for students. I am so proud of the work everyone at DSFC is doing this year, and I appreciate their flexibility, effort, and care for each student. Please join in celebrating our educators by reaching out with a word of appreciation.
As always, please reach out with any questions. The best way to get in touch with me is through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the best,
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
Such a great welcome!
Staff were welcomed to school with a decorated driveway.
Chalk drawings for our teachers!
Such a nice welcome outside of our front door.
Bulletin Board of thanks!
Students wrote thank you notes for their teachers.
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL REMINDERS
Doors open at 8:30 a.m. Students may be dropped off between 8:30-8:40 a.m. There is no before school care.
* Please stay in the drop off lane and pull forward as cars leave. Do not leave the lane. The cones are there to indicate that you must stay in the line until you have made it all the way through, regardless of if your student has exited your car. This is for the safety of all and helps keep the lane moving efficiently.
* Students should exit the vehicle on the passenger side whenever possible. Again, this is for the safety of students.
* Do not exit your vehicle. If your child needs assistance and you need to exit your vehicle, please find a parking spot.
* While we understand that the wait in the car line can be long, the rules are in place to keep everyone safe. When the rules are not followed there is the potential for accidents to happen. It would be devastating if someone gets injured because the procedure wasn't followed. We truly appreciate your understanding regarding this matter.
*For Dismissal: Kindergarten and First grade walkers exit near the mushroom and proceed to the front lawn. Walkers in grades 2, 3, and 4 will exit the building from the front entrance.
Please arrive promptly and leave promptly. Physical distancing and mask wearing must be observed while on school property.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION 2021
Who can register a Kindergarten student?
Only the legal guardian who lives in Greenfield can register a student.
What You Need to Register a Kindergarten student.
1. Birth Certificate
2. Immunization Record (from the doctor’s office)
3. Proof of Residency (must live in Greenfield)
How do I register a Kindergarten student?
1. Register in person daily from 8 am-4 pm at Central Office located at 195 Federal Street, Suite 100.
2. Curbside registration is available just call the GPS Registrar, Sierra Rother, at 773-1318 to set up an appointment.
3. Use the link below to submit enrollment forms, birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of residency directly to Greenfield Public Schools for no-contact registration.
GPS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
GREENFIELD PUBLIC LIBRARY AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
FRANKLIN COUNTY YOUTH FOOTBALL
*Monday, May 31st: No School-Memorial Day