PINE HOLLOW MIDDLE SCHOOL
September 20, 2019
This year we instituted a new Cell Phone Policy at Pine Hollow. We now expect all students to keep their phones off and in their backpack throughout the day, or turn it in to the office for safe-keeping while at school. The vast majority (over 99%) of our students have done a great job following our new policy (view it on Page 10 here), and have not had any problems. I wanted to share this with you to let you know that despite this change, we still continue to get reports that students are engaging in negative behavior on social media.
Please take a moment this weekend to review what's on your child's phone, what social media your child is accessing, and what they know about cyber safety. Our goal is to keep all students safe, and cyber bullying is one area where we could really use your support. Thank you, let me know if you have any questions, and have a great weekend!
Principal, Pine Hollow Middle School
Two Parents Needed for Site Council
We need two parents to join our School Site Council (SSC)! Our Site Council meets on the first Tuesday of every month from 3:00-4:30pm and works on our Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), the budget that supports the SPSA, and other school-wide issues. The Site Council is made up of students, parents, and staff and is a critical component of our school community. Get more info here about SSC and contact Ben Campopiano if you are interested in joining!
Donate Items to our PBIS Store
Please consider donating to our PBIS store! Students will gain points for positive behaviors, and can accumulate and then "spend" these points at Pine Hollow's PBIS PRIDE store. We are looking for donations that we can put in our PBIS store to "sell" to students. Donations can be labeled PBIS and dropped off at the front office. The following are some suggestions of what we are looking for:
- School supplies
This year Pine Hollow is implementing PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports) to improve social, emotional, and academic outcomes for all students. Research shows that when a school environment is positive and predictable, students feel safer, have better academic performance, higher test results and make better behavior choices.
PTSA Needs Help Collecting Auction Items!
Important Upcoming Dates
- September 20: Spirit Day: Wear Sports Swag
- September 23: Soccer Games @ Foothill
- September 23: MDUSD Board Meeting
- September 25: PTSA Meeting
- September 30: Soccer Games vs El Dorado
- October 1: Site Council Meeting
- October 2: Walk to School Day
- October 7: Soccer Games vs TBD
- October 10: Student Council Meeting
- October 11: Make-Up Picture Day
- October 11: End 1st Quarter / Minimum Day
- October 14: Soccer Games vs TBD
- October 14: MDUSD Board Meeting
- October 16: Dine & Donate: Panda Express
- October 17: MDUSD District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) Meeting
- October 21: Soccer Games vs TBD
- October 25: Carnoween Event
- October 28: MDUSD Board Meeting
- October 30: PTSA Meeting
- October 31: Halloween Day