OCS Digital Learner News
A weekly newsletter for DL Families - October 8, 2020
Attendance for Digital Learners Beginning Quarter 2
Beginning Quarter 2, all modules in Accelerate Education have been dated for clear pacing and assignment completion. If there is little or no progress made by the Wednesday of each week, parents will receive a reminder notification from the teacher. If a student does not complete assignments/modules by that Friday, he/she will be retroactively marked absent dating to the last submitted assignment for attendance reporting.
If you have any concerns regarding your child’s needs, please contact your home school counselor for any assistance.
DL Packet Pickup for Q2 (Two Opportunities!)
- Students in grades K-3 will need to pick up packets for ELA and Mathematics.
- Students in grade 5 will need to pick up packets only for Social Studies.
- Requested packets for students in grades 4-5 will be available for pickup.
- End of Q1 - Oct 8
- Packet Pickup (Drive Through Service) - Oct 9 1:00-1:30pm at Student's Home School
- Fall Break for Students - Oct 9 & 12
- Beginning of Q2 - Oct 13
- Packet Pickup (Drive Through Service) - Oct 13 9:30-10:00am at Student's Home School
- Q1 Report Cards - Oct 16 (Emailed to DL Parents by Home School)
DL Student "Shoutouts"
Noah, Ceci, & Layla from Ms. Boucher's Class
"These students were very creative with their design for Inuit clothing. I really liked how they thought outside the box. They have consistently turned in quality work this 9 weeks!"
Soyoung S. from Mrs. Bowen's Class
"Here are some images of Soyoung having fun with DL!"
Laura H. from Mrs. Elder's Class
"Not only does Laura go above and beyond on her assignments, she is also raising new baby goats on her farm!"