Fun and Fitness Virtual Outing
for students in K-6 pm on Friday, January 17th at 11:00 am!
- 11:00 am: Welcome and Introductions
- 11:15 am: Nutrition and healthy food choices. Have new fruits and vegetables ready to taste! You can volunteer to use your webcams when you try them!
- 11:30 am: Get Up and Move! Try a little Zumba!
- 12:00 pm: Dismissal-Thanks for coming!
30 minutes can be added to the OLS for PE/Health.
Join Mrs. Markle and Mrs. Clothier for in Collaborate by clicking on the link below on Friday, January 17th at 11:00 am!
Fun and Fitness Virtual outing for students in K-6!!
Friday, Jan. 17th, 11am-12pm
This is an online event.
We will also introduce the Kids of STEEL Program that students can register for...it's free!
The Kids of STEEL is a youth fitness and nutrition program for students in K-6th grade. It was designed to combat obesity and to promote physical activity in our youth. The program focuses on exercise, nutrition, and healthy lifestyle choices.
The primary features of the Kids of STEEL program include:
- Students will have 18 weeks to complete 26.2 miles, with their final mile being the Toyota of Pittsburgh Kids Marathon.
- Kids are encouraged to make healthier food choices by tasting, studying and sharing with their family different nutritious foods.
- Students will learn about nutrition and healthy food choices
- Students will learn about health and fitness
- Students will be introduced to the Kids of STEEL program