April 7th Grade Language Arts Newsletter
April Showers bring May flowers and also the last six weeks of the 7th grade year! Soon these little darlings will be preparing for a fun-filled summer and getting geared-up for the jump into 8th grade. As the spring semester continues, we have lots of learning still in store for these last months of school. Hopefully our Spring Fever won't get the best of us, and we can finish the year strong! Please read below to see what's coming up this month in Language Arts.
- Friday, April 11: CBA Unit 5 (Reading Benchmark)
- Monday, April 14: STAAR Reading Blast! Reminder notes/invitations were sent out today (4/10). If your child received one, we would love to give them some additional help this day to prepare for the Reading STAAR test.
- Friday, April 18: We WILL have school today to make up for one of our snow days.
- Tuesday, April 22: 7th Grade Math STAAR test
- Wednesday, April 23: 7th Grade Reading STAAR test
OUTSIDE READING PROJECT
Students have been assigned a reading project over a biography book of their choice. The project guidelines can be found below. Please note that the due dates have been extended (April 17--->May 1, and May 1--->May 15). Please let me know if you have any questions about this project!