- As vice-president under Nixon's administration, Ford became the 38th Republican President following the Watergate scandal and Nixon's resignation on August 9th, 1974 under the terms of the 25th Amendment,
- Was the only unelected president, as he became president after a vote from Congress.
- Before ascending to the Vice Presidency, Ford served nearly 25 years as the Representative from Michigan's 5th congressional district.
- Eight of them as the Republican Minority Leader.
The End Of The Vietnam War
- Signed the Paris Peace Accords on January 27th, 1963
- U.S. involvement in Vietnam essentially ended.
- called for a cease fire between North and South Vietnam
- Released most of the American prisoners of war
- The agreement guaranteed the territorial integrity of Vietnam and, like the Geneva Conference of 1954, called for national elections in the North and South.
- In December 1974, months after Ford took office, North Vietnamese forces invaded the province of Phuoc Long.
- Conclusion of this war opened new wounds both domestically and internationally in the way America was perceived,