Mark Morris High School Newsletter
May 23, 2022
Summer School: Credit Recovery Opportunity
Summer school will be offered to students who need to recover credit(s) from failing a course(s). Students, please sign-up on the Google form that was sent to your email or you may follow the link below. We need you to sign-up and commit to this time. It is extremely important that you do not fall behind.
- When: 6/21-6/30
- Time: 9:00 am-12:00 pm (Daily)
- Place: Mark Morris High School
Climate and Culture Parent Survey
Dear Monarch Families,
Each school in the Longview School District conducts Climate & Culture surveys. As part of our school improvement process we would like to administer the survey again this spring. Students, parents and staff complete a different survey focused on the same topics. The results are used to determine building strengths and areas in need of improvement. The survey is anonymous and takes only a few minutes to complete. Please work to complete the survey by Tuesday, May 31. We greatly appreciate your help completing the parent survey and providing us with vital information specific to our school. Please follow the link below to complete the survey:
Parent Survey: https://forms.gle/csnwb7A8r6ZygC65A
Climate and Culture Student Survey:
Dear Monarch Students,
Each school in the Longview School District conducts Climate & Culture surveys. As part of our school improvement process we would like to administer the survey again this spring. Students, parents and staff complete a different survey focused on the same topics. The results are used to determine building strengths and areas in need of improvement. The survey is anonymous and takes only a few minutes to complete. Please work to complete the survey by Tuesday, May 31. We greatly appreciate your help completing the student survey and providing us with vital information specific to our school. Please follow the link below to complete the survey:
Student Survey: https://forms.gle/h7Kyez3i9ztcuTnN8
Additional Academic Support
Monarch students: Do you need additional academic support or just a place to sit and do school work? If so, please join us on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30-3:30 in the LGIC. Please take advantage of this opportunity if you are struggling with grades or earning credits. Snacks will be provided. Please call our office at 360-575-7663 if you have additional questions. We hope to see you there.
Please watch out for SAT prep scams. How it works: You will get an unsolicited call from a person claiming to be from the College Board, the company responsible for SAT tests. The caller claims to be confirming your address, so they can send you prep materials. The caller will ask for a credit card deposit for materials that are not returned. They claim it will be refunded when the materials are returned. Please be careful. Thank you.
MM Spirit Week: 5/31-6/3
- Tuesday: Adam Sandler Day
- Wednesday: Royalty Day
- Thursday: VSCO vs Punk Day
- Friday: Blue Day
Aspire to Achieve: Senior Due Date Checklist
Wednesday, May 25th:
- Mark Morris Senior Presentations from 4:00-7:00 pm.
Saturday, June 11th:
- Commencement for seniors who have met all academic and Aspire to Achieve requirements.
Senior Presentations: Wednesday, May 25th. (4:00-7:00)
Jackie Seidl Memorial Softball Game: Tuesday, May 31st @ 3:00
Need Service to School Points?
Student Parking Lot
Community Service Opportunity
- No underwear showing
- No spaghetti straps, backless, strapless, halter-tops, crop-tops, half-shirts, low-cut tops, one shoulder, off shoulder, or see through clothing
- Skirts/shorts must be fingertip length
- No pajamas or slippers
- No displays (messages or pictures) that are vulgar, obscene, violent, drug/alcohol/tobacco related, affiliated with gangs, discriminatory or demeaning due to race, religion, ethnic group, gender or sexual orientation
- No bandanas, hairnets, head wraps, or sunglasses at any time (exceptions for approved medical or religious reasons)
- No costumes with the exception of school sanctioned spirit days
- No unsafe jewelry such as spikes and long chains, etc.
If you call before school hours, please leave a voicemail clearly indicating student's name, date and reason for absence.
If you plan pick up your student due to illness or appointments, you will need to show photo identification.
If a student is tardy to school please write a note and have the student present it to our attendance office.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Up Coming Events
- Senior Presentations: 5/25 (4:00-7:00)
- Staff vs. Students Softball Game 5/31: (3:00)
- Senior Pizza Feed following softball game: 5/31
- Memorial Day, No School: 05/30
- Senior Scholarship & Awards Night 6/1: (6:30)
- Senior Movie Night, Kelso Theatre Pub 6/2: (6:30)
- Senior Breakfast, MM Cafeteria 6/3: (7:00 am)
- Senior Awards Assembly MM Gymnasium 6/3: (8:45)
- Senior Prom 6/4: (9:00-12:00)
- Senior Check-out 6/9
- Distribution of caps and gowns 6/9: (2:30)
- Baccalaureate Ceremony 6/9 @ RAL: (7:00 pm)
- Commencement Practice 6/10: Longview Memorial Stadium: (8:00 am)
- Commencement: 06/11 @ 2:00 pm
- Last Day of School: 06/15
- 2 Hour Early Release: 06/15