Mark Morris High School Newsletter
Parent/Family Financial Aid Presentation: October 21st
Time: October 21, 2021 6:00-7:00 pm ( families may want to log-in at 5:45 pm)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 971 2114 9691
The focus of the presentation is for 12th grade students however, any Mark Morris family is welcome to attend the informational meeting regardless of grade level.
Smarter Balanced Assessment
During the testing period students will be assessed in their classrooms and follow their regular schedule. If students do not complete the test during the class time, they are able to pause the test at the end of the period to resume the following day. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Varsity Football Games
Attention All Students!
Did you Purchase your ASB Card?
In addition, if students would like to get into school home games for free an ASB card needs to be purchased.
Calling All Seniors
- No underwear showing (including sport bras)
- No spaghetti straps, backless, strapless, halter-tops, crop-tops, half-shirts, low-cut tops, one shoulder, off shoulder, or see through clothing
- Skirts/shorts must be fingertip length
- No pajamas or slippers
- No displays (messages or pictures) that are vulgar, obscene, violent, drug/alcohol/tobacco related, affiliated with gangs, discriminatory or demeaning due to race, religion, ethnic group, gender or sexual orientation
- No bandanas, hairnets, head wraps, or sunglasses at any time (exceptions for approved medical or religious reasons)
- No costumes with the exception of school sanctioned spirit days
- No unsafe jewelry such as spikes and long chains, etc.
Healthy Youth Survey
Dear Monarch Families,
On October 18th our 10th and 12th grade students will be participating in the Healthy Youth Survey during their English classes. The survey asks questions about risks for injury, health outcomes, and alcohol/drug use. Schools, the state, and local agencies use the survey results to support our youth and reduce health risks. The Healthy Youth Survey is voluntary, anonymous and provides important information to guide policy and programs that serve our students. Parent or guardians can contact the school office to see a copy of the survey. If you have any additional questions or concerns please call us at (360)575-7663.
The cost to attend the dance is $6.00 per person. Students must pre-purchase a ticket prior to entry. Tickets may be purchased at the activities office. See Ms. Bennett if you have any questions.
If you call before school hours, please leave a voicemail clearly indicating student's name, date and reason for absence.
If you plan pick up your student due to illness or appointments, you will need to show photo identification.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Message from the Career Center
Up Coming Events
- Homecoming Week: 10/11-10/15
- Picture Re-takes: 10/15
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: 10/28 (12:00-6:00)
- Veterans' Day Holiday: 11/11
- Thanksgiving Holiday: 11/25-11/26
- Winter Holiday: 12/20-01/02