Locust Trace News for Parents & Students
9 4 20
What's up this week?
This week kicks off our regular schedule. Other important reminders:
- eOS grading begins this week. Employability is 15% of your overall grade in each class, so please be diligent in reviewing the expectations and commitments you must make to be successful.
- The eOS Employability rubric is below.
- Make sure to watch the Grading Tutorial. Remember, we have a brand new grading system that is standards-based. Make sure you understand the scales listed below in the newsletter and further explained in the Grading Tutorial.
- Please review the Attendance Expectations! If you have a conflict and cannot attend a Zoom session, make sure to email your teachers and let them know!
- Please disregard the class times listed in Infinite Campus. These times are district-generated and do not align with our virtual schedule. Please refer to the information in the newsletter for your virtual class meeting times.
eOS Employability Rubric
How do I access my classes and Zoom meetings?
- All Zoom information is available in each teacher's Canvas course
I wasn't able to come to orientation. How do I pay my fees?
Locust Trace fees are $16. This fee covers all classes for the 2020-2021 school year.
Make check payable to LTAC and mail to
242 Locust Farm Road
Lexington, KY 40511
Mrs. Collins will mail you a receipt after she processes your fees.
What if there's a conflict with my home school?
- Your home school schedule has priority. Just email or check in with your Locust Trace teacher and let them know there is a conflict.
- Henry Clay High School morning students: please follow the schedule we sent to you earlier this week!
Need additional support?
Check in to our Zoom chat, open every Friday when school is in session, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Who should I talk to?
Mrs. Collins: Attendance, Daily Schedule (not available from 11:30 am to 12:00 pm)
Mrs. Fox: Counseling, Mental Health, Course Schedule Questions (not available from 11:40 am to 12:40 pm)
Mrs. Reed: Technology & Media Center (not available from 11:40 am to 12:40 pm)
Mrs. Vannatter: Dual Credit, Grading (not available from 11:40 am to 12:40 pm)
Mrs. DeMott: All other questions (not available from 11:40 am to 12:40 pm)
- be respectful of others, limit your chat time to 5 minutes or less; any needs beyond 5 minutes, please reach out to the appropriate individual via phone call or email instead of using the Zoom link
- You may be moved to a break-out room so that you can receive individual assistance
- Please be patient in the waiting room as we help others. You will be admitted as your team becomes available.
- Your team members may have additional times when they are not available. When this is the case, another team member will assist you.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 957 7335 5951
Counselor's Corner, Mrs. Janet Fox
Mental Health Resources during COVID – 19
Even though school is not currently in session, please do not ever feel like you do not have a resource to help support you, your youth and your family. Help is available through a variety of ways and I want to make you aware of just some of the ways you can find help in times of crisis.
As your student’s school counselor a Locust Trace, I am available via Google Phone or Text at (859)488-1672.
Health Professionals are also available at the district level by calling 859-381-4100. In the case of an emergency or imminent danger, please call 911.
Steps to take if your child needs Mental Health Services
1. Does your child have an ongoing provider (KVC, KCC, Health First, New Vista, The Ridge, NECCO, Beaumont Behavioral Health, etc.), if so please contact them and schedule an appointment.
2. Is your child presenting in a crisis state and at risk of harming him or herself or someone else?
a. If in immediate danger, please call 911.
b. You may take your child to Our Lady of Peace Assessment Center located at 1401 Harrodsburg Rd. Suite A-400, Lexington, KY. You may also take your child to The Ridge located at 3050 Rio Dosa Dr., Lexington, KY.
i. Our Lady of Peace and The Ridge are both inpatient and outpatient facilities.
3. If your child does not have an ongoing provider, you may contact Fayette County Public Schools for assistance with Mental Health Services at 859-381-4100.
Steps to take if YOU need Mental Health Services
1. Do you have an ongoing provider (KVC, KCC, Health First, New Vista, The Ridge, NECCO, Beaumont Behavioral Health, etc.), if so please contact them and schedule an appointment.
2. Do you feel as if you are in crisis? Afraid you may hurt yourself, your child or someone may hurt you?
a. You may call 911 for a mental health wellness check.
b. You may go to Our Lady of Peace Assessment Center located at 1401 Harrodsburg Rd. Suite A-400, Lexington, KY. You may also take your child to The Ridge located at 3050 Rio Dosa Dr., Lexington, KY.
i. Our Lady of Peace and The Ridge are both inpatient and outpatient facilities.
3. If you do not have an ongoing provider and you are not at risk of hurting yourself, your child, someone else, you may contact the Crisis Text Line by texting “Home” to 741741 or you may see a provider via TeleHealth using LiveHealthOnline.com.
Community Mental Health Resource
KVC Behavioral Health Kentucky 859-254-1035 Mountain Comprehensive Care 859-368-8897 New Vista (formerly Bluegrass.org) 859-233-0444 The Ridge Behavioral Health Systems 859-269-23235 Sunrise Children’s Services 859-455-8185
Mental Health Crisis Resources
The Ridge Behavioral Health Systems 800-753-4673
Samaritan Hospital 859-226-7000
U of L Peace Hospital (formerly known as Our Lady of Peace) 859-313-3515
New Vista (formerly Bluegrass.org) 800-928-8000
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233
National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8500
Suicide Crisis Textline – Text HELP to 741741
Trevor Project Crisis Line for LGBTQ+ Youth 1-866-488-7386
Arbor Youth Services 859-254-2501
Salvation Army Homeless Shelter 859-252-7706
FCPS Mental Health Resource Page: http://www.fcps.net/mental
Mental Health Resource Library:
These are just a few of the resources available during this very challenging time. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you or your youth are struggling emotionally or experiencing a mental health crisis.
Locust Trace is a family and I want you to know that all of the FCPS Student Support Professionals, including myself, are here to help in any way we can.
2019-20 Locust Trace Yearbooks
We sold out of yearbooks in the spring, but we have received 15 additional yearbooks from our vendor. If you would like to purchase a 2019-2020 LTAC yearbook, please complete the yearbook request form. Yearbooks will be reserved on a first come first serve basis. The cost is $45. Mrs. Reed, our yearbook advisor, will contact you upon form submission. (Here is the link: http://bit.ly/lastyear123)
Team Contact Information
Doug Ashcraft, Agriculture Teacher
Randall Barnett, Custodian
Beth Barnott, Student Support Specialist
Katie Beeler, Health & PE Teacher
Daniel Bustle, Agriculture Teacher
Kimberly Collins, Attendance Specialist
Brian Craig, Agriculture Teacher
Anne DeMott, Principal
Janet Fox, Guidance Counselor
Adan Henriquez, Spanish Teacher
Ben Herald, Social Studies Teacher
Latissa Higgins, Agriculture Teacher
Fallon Jackson, Agriculture Teacher
Nicki Jones, Co-Op Facilitator
Logan Layne, Agriculture Teacher
Elizabeth Magedanz, Accounts Specialist
Kathleen Magsam, Agriculture Teacher
Toni Myers, Agriculture Teacher
Meredith Reed, TRT/Media Center Specialist
Catherine Vannatter, Administrative Dean
Alvin Wells, Lead Custodian
Student Resources for NTI 2DL Technology
All courses at Locust Trace use Canvas as the online learning platform. The resources below will help you familiarize yourself with Canvas if you haven’t already used it.
How do I login to Canvas?
● Canvas Guide for Students (instructions for logging in and getting started)
● Student Login for Canvas (quick link)
How do I generate a pairing code for the Canvas Parent App?
Are you new to Canvas? Watch this!
To ensure a smooth start to the school year, we highly encourage you to practice the following before the first day of school.
● Login to your FCPS account.
■ Accessing your school email (video)
■ Login for student email (quick link)
● Practice logging in to Canvas with your FCPS credentials (Canvas quick link)
If issues arise, call the FCPS Technology Helpdesk for Students.
As we start the new year with online courses, you may experience a technology glitch here or there. We never want these to interfere with your class work. If technology problems arise, students should call the FCPS Student and Family Technology Help Desk at 381-4410.
FCPS Student Code of Conduct
Links for High Schools & Program Schools
Our students commit to the following characteristics:
As a wolf, I will be: