Educating for Equity
Presentation and Training Series
Educating for Equity will explore the various ways in which we can embrace and encourage equity in and out of the classroom. Participants will go through trainings to help everyone grow in their understanding of daily interactions with children from diverse backgrounds. Educating for Equity will provide schools with the opportunity to be proactive rather than reactive in their approach towards equity. This will be a series of growth opportunities focused on communication, class, race, and many other ways to interact with the world around us while embracing differences.
This first training will be presented by Jim Handley, UW-Stout Peace Studies Lecturer and Certified Nonviolence Trainer. The training will focus on nonviolent communication which practices communicating with empathy and understanding.
Learning outcomes include:
- Develop communication skills that are inclusive and empathetic.
- Embrace the differences of everyone involved in the process.
- Gain a broad range of knowledge based on diversity.
This session is open to all educators in CESA 10, CESA 11, and CESA 12.
Tuesday, May 3rd, 3-5pm
725 West Park Avenue
Chippewa Falls, WI
- May 3, 2016 - Teleconference Center
- August 9, 2016 - Conference Room D
- September 13, 2016 - Teleconference Center
- October 11, 2016 - Teleconference Center
- November 15, 2016 - Teleconference Center
- December 6, 2016 - Teleconference Cener
All of the trainings will be held at CESA 10 from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.