September 12, 2019
Here is What Happened this Week!
- Last Friday, we held Welcome Back Assemblies during which Dr. Leatherbarrow acknowledged and thanked the students and teachers for such a positive start to the 2019-2020 school year. She then reviewed the importance of respect, responsibility, and cooperation and how that leads to excellence at Warwick... but only if we take the chance to demonstrate those things. She then read Kobi Yamada's What Do You Do With a Chance? to the students and talked about themes of courage (which we suspect is represented by the WARWICK BEAR in the book--check it out!), and overcoming failure (own it, fix it, learn from it, and move on).
- We had our first Warwick Color Spirit Day last Friday. It was nice to see so many students and staff members proudly wearing Maroon and White! We noticed that Holicong has their Spirit Color Day the first Friday of each month. We will be asking our students if that is something they want to start here at Warwick. Stay tuned for an update! (And don't be surprised if Dr. Leatherbarrow sneaks in a little math excitement into this question!)
- Students in grades 3-6 have been receiving their copy of Cynthia Lord's Rules. Stay tuned for more information on this One District, One Book initiative!
- We had our last BTSN for parents and guardians of students in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grades. Again, we thank everyone for joining us and partnering with us in our children's learning.
- On Monday, 4th & 5th Graders gathered with our Music teachers, Mrs. Herrshaft and Mr. Losch for a strings demonstration and instrumental demonstration respectively.
What's Happening Next?
- YOUR STUDENT'S EMERGENCY INFORMATION IS DUE IN THE PORTAL THIS SATURDAY. This must be re-entered EACH YEAR! So far, 363 students have their information updated this year. That means that 248 students do not YET have their information updated in the Portal.
- Tomorrow there is a brief meeting for any 5th or 6th grader who is continuing in our Strings program. It will take place after announcements in the music room.
- Next week, our Bus Drivers will take a moment to go over Bus Evacuation practices. This will be done on the Warwick Elementary grounds.
- Our 6th Graders head off to Camp Adventure!
- Weather permitting we will pose for an aerial photo of all students and staff forming the number 100 for an Anniversary Photo. That is tentatively slated for Tuesday. Students should wear shoes/clothing appropriate to walk onto our field.
- We have a general PTO Meeting on Wednesday night at 7 PM in the Warwick Library. Please park in the big lot and come in the side door.
- Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will have an author visit on Thursday!
- We will send home PSSA score reports with students in grades 4th through 6th on Friday, Sept. 20. (Last year's 6th graders will receive their reports at Holicong.)
- We are very excited to announce Warwick will begin our reading of Cynthia Lord’s book Rules next Monday, September 16, 2019. We hope you all enjoy this fantastic book as a family. After each nights’ reading your child will participate in classroom discussions. We want all students to be a part of this celebration of reading. Below you will find the reading schedule for Rules. We are looking forward to hearing about great discussions at home and in the classroom. Thank you for your continued support.
Student Emergency & Information
Each year, the Central Bucks School District requires our families to fill out a student emergency & information form in the Parent Portal. The process takes approximately ten minutes to complete. The online form will ask you to confirm and/or update the following:
- Demographic Information
- Emergency Contacts
- Health Information, including permission for emergency care and analgesic administration
- Media Release Preferences
Completion of Student Emergency Information is due THIS SATURDAY, September 14th!
If you do not have a Parent Portal account, or please follow this link to request one.
If you need help with your Parent Portal account, please contact Warwick's Main Office for assistance (267-893-4050).
Thank you in advance for taking the time to update this important information!
- A reminder for all 4th, 5th and 6th grade parents/guardians that have a student interested in joining the band or orchestra program. Please try to fill out and return the class enrollment form to your homeroom teacher by Wednesday, September 18th. The sooner the band and orchestra forms are returned, the sooner the instrumental music classes can get underway.
- The Community School has two after school programs to offer: Overtime and Knights Chess. Please see the flyers below (PDFs) for more information.
- We have started a Warwick Flyers page to collect flyers previously posted in a Warwick Weekly (see big link below). It is our hope that this helps keep our Weeklies a manageable length with only new flyers posted while still having old flyers conveniently linked for your reference.
Please click on our link to the Parent/Guardian Handbook (a.k.a "The Warwick Welcome") to learn more Warwick information, practices, procedures, and policies.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!