Keep yourself safe from Identity Theft!
Don't Be the next victim of Identity Theft!
- About 7% of persons age 16 or older were victims of identity theft in 2012.
- The majority of identity theft incidents (85%) involve bank or credit card accounts.
- Victims who had personal information used to open a new account or for other fraudulent purposes were more likely to experience financial, credit, and relationship problems and severe emotional distress.
- About 14% of identity theft victims experienced out-of-pocket losses of $1 or more. Of these victims, about half suffered losses of less than $100.
- Among victims who had personal information used for fraudulent purposes, 29% spent a month or more resolving problems