September Coaches Corner
All Things PLC
The first link below will take you to videos from Heinemann that address each tab in the continuum - Interactive Read Aloud and Literature Discussions, Shared and Performance Reading, Writing About Reading, Interactive Writing, Writer's Workshop, Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study, Guided Reading, and Reader's Workshop. Contact me for the password.
is a webinar from the Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Group about the Wheel of Strategic Action. This is the wheel we reference in the Continuum. You will need to join the Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Community in order to view the video. Contact me if you want to watch together!
The Guided Reading Lesson Plan Template was created by Suzette Davison using the Continuum of Literacy Learning.
The Guided Reading FAQ below are questions and answers from a Fountas & Pinnell Twitter chat.
The Literary Elements Matching Game is an activity that addresses TEKS 3.8, 4.6, and 5.6.
Response to Intervention (RTI)
September at a Glance
Monday, September 19
- 7:25 - 7:55 Bobcat Assembly - 1st, 3rd, 5th Grade Teachers on Duty
- 1-2 TPRI Assessment Data due in AWARE - please go to TPRI website in links above to download and complete Class Summary Sheet before September 29
- ISIP Window closes for K-2 DLE
- 3:30 - 4:30 DLE District Team Meeting
How to access Class Summary Sheet in TPRI.org
- Go to tpri.org
- Resources at the top
- Analyzing Data
- Class Summary Sheets
- Choose your Grade Level
Tuesday, September 20
- 7:45 - 3:00 2nd Grade DL Collaboration at Reed
Wednesday, September 21
- 3:15 - 4:15 Optional Istation Training in Computer Lab
- Progress Reports
- 3rd Grade Science Module Window opens
- National Peace Day
Thursday, September 22
- 7:45 - 3:00 DLE Kinder Collaboration
Wednesday, September 28
- 6:00 - 7:30 PTA Support Reading Night
Thursday, September 29
- PK -
- K -
- 1 - Analyze TPRI data and make flexible groups
- 2 - Analyze TPRI data and make flexible groups
- 3 - grade 3.8A common assessment and analyze collaboratively to flex groups
- 4 - grade and analyze Fig. 19D common assessment to flex groups
- 5 - grade and analyze 5.6A common assessment to flex groups