3rd Grade STAAR Reading
2 Readiness Genres
- Literary (Media Literacy embedded)
- Informational/Expository (Media Literacy & Procedural embedded)
2 Supporting Genres
- Literary Nonfiction (autobiography & biography)
Performance Level Descriptors
Let's review the PLD document and discuss what this means for classroom instruction.
How does this document help us plan/prepare core instruction that prepares students for the depth and rigor of STAAR?
TEKS & STAAR Resouces available on 3rd Grade Web page
- TEKS pages from lead4ward field guides are available on the 3rd grade web page. The TEKS are also linked in the IPG. When planning as a team and/or reviewing lesson plans, refer to these pages to understand the instructional demands of the TEKS.
- STAAR Connections is a compilation of question stems for the tested TEKS. Use this document to support classroom instruction, as well as guide the creation of informal and formal campus based assessments.