October 15, 2018
This coming week, we will celebrate White Day on Tuesday, 10/16. Have your child wear white on Tuesday. Show & Tell will be this Friday with any one item beginning with the letter "T" (the letter emphasis of the week).
School Pictures should have come home in your child's blue binder. Retakes will be Monday, November 5. If you should want a retake, return the picture packet (ALONG WITH A NOTE ON TOP that you want a retake, so as not to confuse with those that did not take the packets out of binder yet) and we will make sure it is retaken on November 5.
Wear Speed to Read tshirts on Thursday 10/18. Speed to Read Reading Logs are due this day also. Please complete and place in your child's binder on Thursday! If they have 20 books/readers listed, they will be entered into drawings for cool prizes!!
I will be out of school on Friday 10/19...Car riders, please bring those signs for dismissal that day!!
FYI--Ice cream will be available (Thursdays only) for Kindergarteners at lunch beginning this Thursday, 10/18. Ice cream costs $1.50. Please email me if you do not wish your child to purchase ice cream (they must have finished their "good food" first, in time to eat their ice cream).
Pic at right: We love to learn!
- Language Arts--Our letter emphasis of the week is the Letter "T". Show & Tell this week will be Friday, any item beginning with the letter T.
- Sight Word for this week is WE--(your child should know the words: I, like, the, and, see)
- Math--We will work on using math tools, and problem solving strategies.
- Science--We continue our unit on Investigating Light and Heat Energy.
1) We could use more Prize Box donations, if anyone could send some up...this class is just awesome!! (These can be any unwanted, duplicate "Happy Meal-type" toys). Thanks!
2) Speed to Read Reading Logs will be due Thursday 10/18 (this is called "The First Turn" date). If you have not had time to copy over from the old logs, no worries...I'll just staple it to the new one and count it. If you run out of room on your log, feel free to turn over and continue logging on the back side (or put a note in front of binder and I'll get you another sheet). To be eligible for prize drawings, your child should have read at least 20 books (repeated readings of Class Reader sent home weekly counts a point for each reading, in addition to your own books read. Please don't worry about number of pages read...just give a point for each book read).
Tuesday 10/16--Library Books due; dress in White for White Day!
Wednesday 10/17--Wear College shirt for "Think College" Day.
Thursday 10/18--Wear Speed to Read t-shirts; turn in Speed to Read logs.
Friday 10/19--Show and Tell, any item beginning with the letter T.