Alta Vista Voyager Connection
An In-Depth Newsletter for Alta Vista Families
Parent Involvement Opportunities
Also, check out the Transformation Waco website for a frequently updated list of resources during school closures. https://www.wacoisd.org/domain/7409
We are here to help!
Why can't I go to school?
DIY Stress Balls
You might not think of stress balls as a kid thing, but let me tell you, they are. These super cool squishy balls are perfect for fidgeters, children with Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder, Anxiety and probably every child we know...especially in the throws of self isolation and the anxiety it brings! They stretch, they squeeze, they are so much fun. Make Stress Balls Kids Will Love with this easy DIY Idea. It only takes a few simple supplies and you’ll have your own DIY stress balls. Enjoy!
- ½ cup Flour (per balloon, approx.)
- Empty Water Bottle, dry
1. Put funnel into the water bottle, and pour flour through it.
3. Turn water bottle upside down and gently squeeze the flour into the balloon. Make sure to use some pressure because the air helps the balloon open up so the flour can all go in.
4. After the flour is all in, pinch the balloon and release it from the bottle.
5. The balloon should have a snug fit to the flour inside it. Just make sure there isn’t any extra air the balloon.
6. Tie the balloon and wipe away any excess flour from the outside.
7. All ready to squeeze away stress and have fun!
P.S. If you find your child has poked a hole in one or a little bit of flour is seeping out through the hole, cover it with another balloon and you are good to go.
To see the directions with pictures, visit https://www.naturalbeachliving.com/make-stress-balls-kids-will-love/
Self Care is Important!
Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words!
Check out our school photos here: https://www.wacoisd.org/Page/9318