The Panther Post
April 2021 Monthly Newsletter
Illinois Assessment of Readiness
It is essential that your child is present at school the days we are administering the tests, April 12-16 and April 19-23. This test will allow us to see how your child is performing in English Language Arts and Math compared to students at the same grade level across the nation.
You can provide extra practice exercises and questions that are similar to those that may be on the test. These can be found online by clicking on the following link...https://il.mypearsonsupport.com/practice-tests/
It is very important to prepare your child for the IAR tests. We will be testing April 12-23, so please be sure your child gets a good night's sleep the night before each of the testing sessions. Also, be sure your child eats a healthy breakfast either at home or at school that is fulfilling. Whole grains and fruits are great foods that will keep your child full and provide him/her with the energy needed to take the IAR assessments. By providing your child with a good night's sleep and a healthy breakfast, you will be doing your best to ensure your child is working at full capacity.
Staying calm on test days will help your child stay calm as well. If your child tends to experience anxiety at the thought of testing, show him/her some relaxation techniques that can be used to calm him/her before testing begins.
Always remember the big picture. While IAR assessments are important, they are not the only way to gauge a child's success. No standardized test or grading system is perfect. All assessments have limitations and the IAR test is no different. Remind yourself and your child that testing is just one part of their education. With a parents support and involvement in their education, all children will be on their way to a bright future.
Congratulations Third Quarter Honor Roll Recipients
8th Grade: Stephanie Goveia, De'Majyae Williams
7th Grade: Mariana Martinez
6th Grade: Julian Hayden, Grant Kocher, Gerald Moore, Raelyn Watson
5th Grade: Fiona DiGaetano, Lillian Reece, Natalie Silomba
4th Grade: Kayson Dvorak, Malaika Ford, Chelsey McClaskey, Nancy Morales, Kelly Ochoa, Kalia
8th Grade: Gizzelle Aguilar-Nunez, Graciee Garcia, Courtney Johnson, Haylie Neltner
7th Grade: Aiden Farris, Gage Hogue, Gage Tuck
6th Grade: Emily Bird, Mason Goveia, Nevaeh Massey, Kelsey Morris, Jayden Polston, Nicholas Richards, Macayla Ruffin
5th Grade: Tytus Artis, Amyren Breedlove, Ezariah Compton
4th Grade: Cesar Araiza, Trevor Blase, Kaiden Haman, Mason Tuck, Kaelyn Zombro
Boys Basketball 2021
8th grade: Amare Breedlove, Austin Farris, Jamaceo King, Kamar Sanders, Brent Weaver
7th grade: Rolando Garcia, Nathan Passwater, Nathan Silomba, Hector Torres
6th grade: Amane Breedlove, Demetrius Burse, Mason Goveia, Gaven Mosley
5th grade: Amyren Breedlove
Notes From the Nurse
* Please be sure to check your student every morning for COVID-19 symptoms and take their temperature. Their lanyard with dated and initialed sticker are required as entry to school.
*IDPH COVID-19 Interim Exclusion Guidance as of 3/15. Updated symptom list and Quarantine information: https://www.isbe.net/Documents/IDPH-COVID19-Exclusion-Decison-Tree.pdf
PLEASE REMEMBER TO STAY DILIGENT WITH THE 3's W'S:
- Wear your mask over your mouth AND nose
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance
If your student has any of the COVID related symptoms, they MUST stay home and you MUST call me to discuss.
Thank you so much for your continued help keeping all of our students and staff healthy!
~Mrs. K. Naugle, BSN, RN, NCSN
FREE Dental Clinic at school on APRIL 8th *Permission slips due April 7th*
Students going into Kindergarten, 2nd, 6th and High School next year, this dental exam WILL count towards the required IL Exam for next year.
We will be celebrating Every Kid Healthy Week!! Watch the Facebook page for pictures of some fun activities!!
Important Notes & Reminders
- Just a reminder, if your child has any outstanding fees, such as a $3 lock fee, milk fees, etc. these fees must be paid before the end of the year. We will be sending reminders with outstanding fee balances home within the next couple weeks so those fees can be paid. Money can be sent into the office with your child at any time to pay the fee balance.
- Please remember the importance of self-certifying your child each and every day. Check your child's temperature and determine if they have any other COVID symptoms before initialing and dating a sticker and putting it on your student's lanyard around their neck.
Mark Your Calendars
- April 5-9-HAPPY NATIONAL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL'S WEEK MR. POLLITT!
- April 6-Return to School-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 7-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 8-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 12-Girls Basketball Skills Camp 3:05-4:00
- April 13-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 14-Girls Basketball Skills Camp 3:05-4:00-Track Meet @ Pekin Rankin 4:15
- April 15-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 16-Progress Reports Sent Home
- April 19-Girls Basketball Skills Camp 3:05-4:00
- April 20-Track Practice 4:00-5:30-Board of Education Meeting 6:00
- April 21-Girls Basketball Skills Camp 3:05-4:00-Track Meet @ LCHS 4:30-HAPPY ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS DAY (SECRETARIES DAY) MRS. DIMMITT & MRS. JOOS!
- April 22-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 26-Girls Basketball Skills Camp 3:05-4:00
- April 27-LAC Track Meet @ LCHS 2:00
- April 28-Girls Basketball Skills Camp 3:05-4:00-Track Practice 4:00-5:30
- April 29-Track Practice 4:00-5:30