K-5 Social Studies
Online Library Resources
Accessing Library Resources
- Direct link
Staff bookmarks: Electronic Resources > choose your school.
- To save a resource, look for language like Bookmark or Share.
- Citations are usually available in these tools to identify where resources were found.
Useful Library Resources for Social Studies
Destiny Library Catalog - Vetted Websites
- Choose the Destiny Library Catalog link.
- Click on the Catalog tab to search.
- Search for materials inside your library AND pre-evaluated valid web pages by choosing the white Web Sites tab on the right.
Destiny - Creating Resource Lists
- To share resources with your students use the Resource List feature! First, log in.
- Find the white Login button in the upper right hand corner.
- Log in using your single-sign-on name (last name + first two letters of your first name). The password is your staff ID number.
- Using the green Catalog tab, choose Resource Lists from the menu on the left.
- Click Add List button > Type in titles and check the box to "Make this list Public locally" > Save.
- Choose Library Search from the menu on the left > type in search term > Enter.
- Verify that the “Selected list” is the one you just created and check “Add to this list” for each title you wish to add.
- Note that you can also add websites to resource lists by using the white Web Sites tab.
- Public lists can be accessed by choosing Resource Lists & the Public Lists tab.
Standard BSD Login for Library Resources
To access resources from outside BSD: