Troy CCSD 30-C Safety Newsletter
Issue 4.1 August 2023
Important Back-to-School Safety Updates
As we eagerly prepare for the beginning of the new school year, we continue to prioritize the safety and well-being of the Troy CCSD community. With that in mind, we are pleased to announce two anticipated safety updates for the upcoming academic year.
- New Policy-Visitor Management:In an effort to enhance the safety of students and staff at each of our 7 schools, we anticipate changes to our visitor management process. When visiting one of our Troy CCSD 30-C schools this year, all visitors will be asked to self scan their state or government issued identification in the vestibule prior to entry into the main office. This will improve access control, and expedite the visitor process. More information to come as we get closer to the implementation of this system.
- Student Attendance at Indoor Sporting Events: At Troy, we host many sporting events, gatherings, and activities with other districts. To provide a safe environment, new updates to our guest policy are expected. One of the main changes will require an adult to be present with any student in attendance.
More detailed information on these safety updates, as well as additional measures we are putting in place, will be shared via future safety newsletters, ParentSquare, and our Safety Website.
We are continuously working to enhance the safety of our school community and ensure that everyone feels secure during their time at Troy CCSD 30-c. As we embark on this new academic journey together, we kindly request your support and cooperation in adhering to these safety measures. Together, we can ensure a successful and safe school year for all.
Safe Back-to-School Photo Sharing
As the back-to-school season commences, we understand that sharing moments of joy and excitement with your children on social media is a cherished tradition. However, we want to emphasize the importance of prioritizing safety and privacy when posting back-to-school photos online.
In an increasingly digital world, it's crucial to be mindful of the information we share about our children, as well as the potential risks associated with overexposure. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone, we would like to highlight some best practices for sharing back-to-school photos on social media
- Review Privacy Settings: Ensure your posts are visible only to close friends and family. Avoid sharing publicly to protect your child's privacy.
- Mindful of Location Details: Refrain from sharing photos that reveal school names or other identifiable landmarks to safeguard your child's location.
- Limit Identifying Information: Avoid using full names or other personally identifiable information when sharing back-to-school photos.
Together, can create a safe and positive online environment for our children, preserving their privacy while cherishing their back-to-school moments.