RJ Richey School News
RJR Back to School Family Newsletter
Important School Dates & Events to Remember
August Back to School Dates:
- Monday, August 15th = Meet the Teacher
- Wednesday, August 17th = First Day of School (parents may walk students to class)
September Dates to Remember:
- Monday, Sept. 5: School Holiday / Labor Day
- Tuesday, Sept. 6: Student School Holiday / Staff Professional Development Day
- Monday, Sept. 26: Student School Holiday / Staff Professional Development Day
Back to School FAQs and Quick Links:
Complete Returning Student Registration or New Student Enrollment Now for the 22-23 School Year
It's time to complete Returning Registration!
REGISTER NOW FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR!
Registration for the 22-23 school year is now open! Save a seat for your student!
Burnet CISD registration: https://www.burnetcisd.net/apps/pages/registration
When will we know my child's new teacher this year?
2022-2023 Student Class Schedule Information:
When will we know my child's teacher for the new school year?
Welcome to Class Phone-CallsFamilies who have completed online registration will receive a phone call from their child’s new teacher by noon on Friday, August 12th.
ALL students need completed Returning Registration to be scheduled:
If you need to complete registration for your child see the link below or visit:
2022-2023 School Supply Lists
R.J. Richey First Days of School Information
Check out below for more First Day Details:
We wanted to share out some helpful and detailed information for our parents that may be attending RJ for the first time as well as remind our Bulldog families about the hustle and bustle that the new school year can bring.
We know that arriving to school and dismissal usually are some of the most frequently asked questions our parents have, so we've provided you detailed information below to help ease your mind and have some answers to your questions early. The great thing about RJ Elementary is that most of our processes and procedures run like well oiled machines and always have a thoughtful purpose behind the scenes. We do know that the first few days of school call for longer lines and a little more patience, but after a few days our parents, students, and teachers have procedures down and things run smoothly, quickly, and happily!
Check out the "First Day of School" news to know below:
First Day of School News:
We welcome all families are to walk their children to the classroom door on the first day of school!
- The campus will open to students & their parents from 7:25 am to 7:55 am for the first day of school!
- Please be sure to see below for the first day of school traffic flow & parking if you plan on walking your child into school.
- After the first two days of school, due to BCISD visitor and safety procedures, visitors will be required to check in at the front office.
- lunch visitors will be invited to join their Bulldogs beginning on Monday, August 22nd. Please see lunch visitor guidelines below.
Morning Arrival & Drop-Off Information
- School doors open @ 7:25AM each school day.
- The instructional school day begins each day @ 7:50AM and our tardy bell rings @ 7:55AM.
- Breakfast is available for students each morning in our Bulldog cafe from 7:25a.m.-7:55a.m.
Morning Car Riders:
RJ Richey has only one drop off area for morning car riders through the front circle. Students may not be dropped off in the rear parking lot or in the front parking lot area as the bus and drop-off traffic presents a safety concern.
- ALL students arriving by car must be dropped off utilizing the front drive of the school no earlier than 7:25am. Please do NOT use the back staff parking-lot to drop student off, as this is a bus lane only and all exterior doors of the campus are locked.
- Students should remain in the vehicle until 7:25am as there is no adult supervision prior to this time. Thank you in advance for helping us to keep all children safe.
- RJ Staff will be helping to assist morning traffic, helping students out of the car, and welcoming our Bulldogs to school every morning. Car riders should be dropped off in the carline with an RJ staff member and not in a parkinglot.
- Please see the Car Rider Flow Map below for morning and afternoon traffic patterns below:
R.J.Richey Car Rider Flow Map
R.J. Richey Dismissal and Pickup Information
Dismissal Pickup Car Riders:
Car Rider Information:
- Dismissal time is @ 3:30PM each day.
- We will continue to use CarRider Pro to assist in expediting parent pick up this year. If you do not have a tag, please contact the office to obtain one or stop by the library at Meet the Teacher for a tag. If you need a replacement tag, please bring $3 for a new tag (cash or check accepted).
- Students will exit through 1 set of doors and arrive at designated stations and poles in our front drive, supervised by an RJR staff member. Please be patient as the lines will likely be long as we work out dismissal procedures within the first few days of school.
- Please click the "quick link" below for more Car Rider Line Pickup information!
Dismissal Bus Riders:
Dismissal Bus Rider Information:
- Bus riders will wait for buses to arrive in our gym. Staff will assist students in lining up in the order they will sit on the bus.
- For more information about your child's bus route, please follow the link to the BCISD transportation page here: https://www.burnetcisd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=460127&type=d&pREC_ID=1007509
BCISD Transportation Information
Please click the link below for the BCISD Transportation Department homepage:
How do I find out my students' route information?
- Beginning in August, parents will be able to utilize the InfoFinder I link on this page to find your students information. Simply click on the link, type in your address, and click search. You will either see the stop information, or a message to call BCISD Transportation for more information.
YMCA Elementary Afterschool Program
More Quick Links & Parent Information
R.J.Richey Visitor & Safety Procedures
Updated Visitor Procedures
Starting Friday, August 19th, families and visitors will need to check in with their ID to enter the campus:
- Due to recent safety & visitor updates through BCISD, families and visitors will not be able to walk students to class or enter the classroom without prior scheduling or approval. To ensure that all students are adequately supervised, teachers are not available for parent conferences at arrival or dismissal times.
- Students are welcome to enjoy breakfast in our cafeteria from 7:25-7:55 every day. However, visitors are not able to join our students for breakfast.
- For the first 3 days of school (August 17th-August 19th), we ask that all parents and visitors allow our campus to practice lunch and cafeteria routines. Visitors for lunch on these days will not be allowed, but we welcome parents/families for lunch during your child's regularly scheduled lunch times beginning on Monday, August 22nd.
BCISD Food Service & School Cafeteria Info
RJR Lunch Visitor Information:
- For the first 3 days of school (August 17th-August 19th) we ask that all parents and visitors allow our campus to practice lunch and cafeteria routines. Visitors for lunch on these days will not be allowed, but we welcome parents/families for lunch during your child's regularly scheduled lunch times beginning on Monday, August 22nd.
- All lunch visitors MUST check-in through the front office and receive a visitor's badge. Please have your photo ID available and wear your printed visitor badge where it is visible for all staff. Any visitor NOT wearing a badge sticker will be asked to check-in at the front office.
- Lunch visitors MUST be listed in Student Skyward access. Visitors coming for lunch with our Bulldogs must be listed in Skyward as a family member or contact to be allowed to eat with a student.
- Unfortunately, we can not invite students' friends to eat lunch with visitors as well for this reason. Any outside lunch brought to enjoy with your Bulldog may not be shared with other students at anytime due to state nutrition guidelines and requirements.
- Lunch visitors must sit at designated tables in our Top Dawg cafe area or in our dogpound outdoor tables with their students during lunch time. Unfortunately, there is not room for visitors to join our students at our class cafeteria tables.
- Due to supply issues, any lunch visitor must provide their own lunch. Visitor meals can not be purchased through our cafeteria at this time.
2022-2023 Student Dress Code Information
The Student Dress Code is published annually as a part of the campus handbooks and reinforces grooming and hygiene, prevents disruptions, minimizes safety hazards, and maintains a positive learning climate.
2022-2023 Student Dress Code
- Dresses, skirts, all split garments, and shorts must be long enough to maintain dignity while sitting, bending, and standing. Shorts, skirts, dresses, and skorts must be hemmed.
- Pants, shorts and skirts must be worn at the natural waist of the student.
- Knives are not allowed at school or school functions, therefore the wearing of any type of case designed to hold a knife is not permitted as well.
Examples of inappropriate, unapproved dress and grooming include, but are not limited to:
- Hats, caps, beanies, bandanas, sweatshirt hoods, etc. that are worn in the building unless associated with a specific school event.
- Tops with low-cut necklines, or tops with low-cut arm openings as determined by school administration.
- Clothing that exposes bare midriffs.
- Any form of exposure of undergarments.
- Any body piercing jewelry with the exception of appropriately-sized earrings or nostril studs. Excessively large earrings and/or gauges are considered a safety hazard.
- Chains (i.e. wallet chains, dog collars, excessively long belts, etc.).
- Intentionally torn clothing or holes in clothing that is determined to be inappropriate by the school administrator. Any holes in pants above the midthigh are not permitted.
- Excessive or distracting makeup, hair style or hair color: i.e., hair color must be of a naturally occurring color in the human genome. Other hair colors such as purple, green, pink, etc. are a violation of the dress code.
- Obscene or offensive language or symbols, provocative pictures, advertising of tobacco, alcohol or narcotics on clothing, jewelry, or exposed body parts.
- Racially related symbols, emblems, pictures, words, slogans or tattoos.
- Symbols, words, or slogans cut into hair that are obscene, racially related, provocative, or otherwise deemed inappropriate.
- Excessively loose or baggy clothing is considered a safety hazard, and is not permitted.
- Dark glasses (unless prescribed by a physician).
- See-through clothing, or provocative clothing.
- Any accessory or clothing article deemed gang related as determined by the school administration or designee.
- Burnet CISD discourages the wearing of expensive jewelry and other apparel and is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
More Parent Quick Links & Information
Be a VIP & Volunteer @ RJ Richey!
RJ Loves our Volunteers!
Come join us and just click the quick link below for more information!