Miss Marney's Class September 28, 2015
Monday, September 28th
- Picture Day
Thursday, October 1
- Walk a thon sponsor papers due
Friday, October 2, all day
- All School Walk a thon - we will walk from 1-2
- Wear Red or school colors
Monday, October 19th
- No School
Thursday, October 29
- Halloween Party and parade
- 2nd grade program at 6:30
Friday, October 30
- No School
Walk a thon is coming!!!
Walk-a-thon is on Friday October 2. We will walk from 1-2 and hopefully you will be able to join us! I always encourage family to come walk with us. We try to have the most people walking with us.
If you have any questions please let me know.
- making tens and ones,
- reading and writing numbers in word form
- using symbols to compare numbers (<, >, =)
- counting to 100 knowing what comes before and after a number
- 10 more and 10 less
- even and odd numbers
- using data from a chart to solve problems
Don't forget xtramath.org is a great resource for practicing math facts.
Focus that can still be reviewed:
- time to 5 minutes
- counting by 5's forwards and backwards
- adding facts up to 20
Reading and Writing
The Kansas Library has free digital books. If you go to this page you can click on many different types. The one we use in class the most is Tumble books.
You should also be reading with your child for 20 minutes a night.
STEM in the Classroom
Expanding Gummy Bears
Strawberry Pop vs Water Day 2
Water the Strawberry and the original sized gummy bear.
Root Beer vs Water Day 2
Water, Root beer and the original sized gummy bear.
Orange Pop vs water Day 1
Follow the Activities of Our Class on Social Media
- Class Twitter account @StarsideMarney.
- Text Messages from me when you text @missmarn to 81010. When you sign up, your child will get a pencil from me.
- You can also follow Starside @StarsideComets
To order books from the book order you can either order online with this link or send in the money and order form to me.