MHS Back to School Update
Welcome to the 21-22 School Year!
Dear MHS Parents and Students,
We know students are ready to see their class schedules and our counselors are working to finish those final student requests. We expect all schedules to be visible in PowerSchool on Thursday, July 29th.
Don't forget to check your email every Sunday afternoon for "This Week at MHS" newsletter with the most important information for each week of school.
Welcome Back! We can't wait to reconnect with you!
MHS Faculty and Staff
We are also hosting a parent presentation from 8:30-10am in the auditorium.
UPDATED SCHEDULE INFORMATION: Staggered Start to the School Year!
Beginning August 5th, all students will be in school full time. Bell Schedules are listed below for each day.
August 3rd and 4th Bell Schedule
First Two Days (No Break)
8:25—9:00 | Homeroom
9:07—10:25 | First Period
9:07—9:42 | A
9:42—9:49 | Transition
9:49—10:25 | B
10:30—11:50 | Second Period
10:30—11:06 | A
11:06—11:13 | Transition
11:13—11:50 | B
11:57—1:47 | Third Period & Lunch
All A/B 3rd Periods will have C Lunch
11:57—12:33 | A
12:33—12:40 | Transition
12:40—1:17 | B
11:50—12:20 | Lunch
12:27—1:47 | Class
11:57—12:35 | Class
12:35—1:05 | Lunch
1:05—1:47 | Class
11:57—1:17 | Class
1:17—1:47 | Lunch
1:54—3:25 | Fourth Period
1:54—2:36 | A
2:36—2:43 | Transition
2:43—3:25 | B
August 5th -6th - ALL STUDENTS IN SCHOOL - Bell Schedule
8:25—9:55 | First Period
9:55—10:10 | Break
10:10—11:40 | Second Period
11:47—1:47 | Third Period & Lunch
11:40—12:10 | Lunch
12:17—1:47 | Class
11:47—12:20 | Class
12:20—12:50 | Lunch
12:50—1:47 | Class
11:47—1:17 | Class
1:17—1:47 | Lunch
1:54—3:25 | Fourth Period
- Link here: https://www.applyforlunch.com/Application .
Also, paper copies of the application are available at your school. Only one application per family. One tip for those applying is to submit gross income (before taxes and benefits).
PARKING FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Any remaining spots will be offered to juniors beginning on August 9.
Parking Forms can be accessed through the file below
As we begin the 2021-2022 school year, bus routes will remain as they were last school year and will be adjusted as needed. When those adjustments occur, both this website and the GPS app will be updated. If you have any questions, please contact our Transportation Coordinator, JOE PINKERTON, at (865) 982-7121.
Street-by-street route information:
- Lawrence Ave between Cedar Street and Melrose is closed from 7:30am-7:50am and from 3:00-3:45pm for bus loading and unloading
- Melrose between Mountain Ave and Lawrence is closed from 3-3:45pm for bus loading and unloading.
- All Car Riders are dropped off and picked up in front of the gym.
- All parking spots are numbered and are assigned to students and faculty. Please do not park in a numbered spot that is not assigned to you.
MARYVILLE COLLEGE DUAL ENROLLMENT COVID REQUIREMENTS
MC is endeavoring to return to pre-COVID campus life safely and gradually, while being mindful of risks that remain, especially with COVID variants. Last week you received the College’s COVID update, which offered information in preparation for the Fall semester. We recognize this was a large amount of information, so please know that the Admissions staff remains available to respond to any questions and concerns you may have, or to get you connected with the right person.
- By August 1, 2021, all students must do one of the following: (1) Provide proof of COVID vaccination, or (2) Apply for one of the COVID vaccination exemptions. The MC app has a button for vaccination reporting and exemption requests, or you may simply use this link.
- Applications for medical and religious vaccination exemptions require supporting documentation, which is outlined on our COVID--19 webpage. Such exemptions must be requested by August 1, and decisions will be communicated to students by August 6.
- All unvaccinated dual enrollment students will be required to undergo periodic and random COVID testing during the 2021–2022 year. Students must report results back to the COVID Coordinator within 72 hours of being chosen to be tested. Test results are to be emailed to email@example.com and results must show the student’s full name, date of test, test results and the testing site/vendor. Students have the choice of where they are tested. The Blount County Health Department offers free onsite testing some days of the week and free self-test kits on other days. Local pharmacies are also testing centers. Over-the counter test kits may be purchased as well, but at the student’s own expense.
- The College will be unable to provide unvaccinated students who test positive for COVID or who have been exposed to the virus, with remote/hybrid instruction this year. Unvaccinated students will need to remain at home and not return to campus until they have fully recovered (for one to two weeks, depending upon symptoms and testing).
As always, the College reserves the option of amending our requirements, should on-campus or local COVID conditions necessitate such action. Further, we may also require vaccination when the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) fully approves a COVID vaccine.
We want to make your next steps to college positive and comfortable and be sure you have all the information you need. Once again, please know we are available to help however we can. We continue to be available to respond to your questions and concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to seeing you on campus soon and GO SCOTS!
All the best,