Kay Granger Elementary Principal Candidate
Who Am I?
I am just a person...
My Path to the Principalship
As a classroom teacher, I learned...
- Taking care of a students’ heart is the key to opening their minds to learning
- One lesson does not reach all students- I had to change the way I taught
- Every student can learn- it just takes more time for some than others
- Teaching is hard! It takes teamwork and collaboration to become a master teacher and a fully functional team.
As an Assistant Principal, I have learned...
Protect their time
- Children’s best interest is top priority for the school
- Student achievement
- See the campus as a whole;
- Understand how decisions that are made have a ripple effect;
Most Important Leadership Qualities
- Building a positive climate/having fun
- High expectations for Student Success
- Building Capacity in others