Welcome Back Newsletter
A Word from Mrs. Kitts
We are so excited about the start of a new school year! Last school year our students and staff grew when COVID challenged us but as we look to the future, we know there is so much to celebrate!
If you haven't checked the Back to School Safety Plan, take a moment to look over it below. Protocols have changed and as always we want to communicate these in a timely manner. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out.
We expect that there will be some quarantines and absences. Therefore, communication will be important for everyone. Be sure to check your child's Google Classroom for their lessons each day of an absence. Having difficulty navigating Google Classroom? Click HERE for a quick video tutorial. Unless your child was NOT enrolled in our building last year, students should be able to navigate Google Classroom on their own.
Even though visitors in the school are limited, you can still be involved. Our SCES PTA is excited to welcome new members and get back on track after being derailed by the pandemic last year. Be on the lookout for more information at our Open House and Back to School Bash!
Once again I am so excited to welcome all of our new and old friends back to the building! It is going to be a great year!
Mrs. Ashley Kitts
Registration is LIVE on Monday, July 26!!
If your child is a returning to Switzerland County, just login to your Skyward to fill out the forms and pay book fees. If your child is NEW to the corporation or an incoming kindergartner that MISSED our Kindergarten Registration, you will need to go HERE to complete new forms.
Even though ALL students receive FREE breakfast and lunch, you will STILL fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch paperwork to receive free or discounted textbooks.
Revised Back to School Safety Plan
There will still be additional safety precautions taken during the 2021-2022 school year but there are
modifications from last school year that include:
- Masks will be optional for all students and staff in the buildings.
- School bus riders will be required to wear a mask on the bus. This is a federal requirement.
- Vaccination cards are NOT required to be turned in to the office or teachers.
- Parents will now have more options if your child is a close contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive:
- If a vaccination card is provided AFTER you have been notified your child is a close contact, the student will not be required to quarantine.
- If the student has a documented positive case within the past 90 days of exposure, your student will not be required to quarantine.
- If neither of these take place you have three options:
- Quarantine the 14 day period after exposure. No mask required when the student returns.
- Quarantine 10 days and return on day 11, 12, 13, and 14 wearing a mask if no symptoms
activities wearing a mask when possible.
- Quarantine 6 days and return on day 7, 8, or 9 if you have a negative COVID-19 test
be required to wear a mask but may not participate in extracurricular activities per the
IHSAA. The mask requirement remains in place until day 15.
2021-2022 Switzerland County Corporation Calendar
Meet the NEW Teachers
Meet Ms. Madison McCreary
Ms. McCreary is our new kindergarten teacher! Ms. McCreary comes to us with three years of teaching experience. She will be a wonderful addition to our teaching staff!
Meet Mr. Ian Stokes
Mr. Stokes has valuable experience in music education. His passion and compassion will make him a great asset to our school!
Meet Mr. Rob Lafary
Mr. Lafary is a first year teacher who is eager to be a Pacer and is excited to work with the students of SCES!
Meet Ms. Madison McCreary
Meet Mr. Ian Stokes
Car Line Procedures
If you haven't already, make sure that you have a car line number. This number should match the number on your child's backpack. This helps ensure safe and quick pick up. If you don't have a number after the first week of school, you will be asked to get out of car line and park your car to sign out your child(ren).
If you have children who are in multiple grade levels, communicate with your child's teacher as to what entrance you will be sending them to.
As always, the first few days are always the longest in car line until all the students get used to the procedures so please be patient!
For current events, check out our school Facebook or Twitter. What's even better than our social media sites? Our NEW school APP! You can find it in the Apple App Store or the Play Store. Just search for Switzerland County School Corporation.