Vol. 8 , Issue 3; September 18, 2020
School Closing Schedule
Friday, September 25th- Half Day for Students
Monday, October 12th- Columbus Day
Students must complete 3 steps before returning to school:
- Must be evaluated by a health care provider with appropriate documentation, including a return to school note sent to school prior to the student's return. The note may be faxed to the MHS at 518-523-2896 or to the Administration Office at 518-523-4971.
- Must be tested for COVID 19 and be negative with appropriate documentation sent to school.
- Symptoms must clear up
If a student is diagnosed with COVID-19 by a healthcare provider based on a test or their symptoms, they may return when:
- It has been at least 10 days since the individual first had symptoms
- It has been at least 3 days since the individual has had a fever (without using fever-reducing medicine)
- It has been at least 3 days since symptoms have cleared, including cough and shortness of breath.
- Volleyball has been moved to a "Fall II" season, beginning on 3/1
- Soccer and Cross Country can start on 9/21
- The Winter sports season start date is moved to 11/30
- The spring sports start date will be 4/29
It is our plan to start Soccer and Cross Country next week. Girls and Boys Varsity Soccer, Girls Modified Soccer and all of Cross Country will start on Monday the 21st. Boys Modified Soccer will start on Wednesday the 23rd. Times and locations will be forthcoming.
Sign-Ups: If you still need to sign up and complete the registration forms for the season, please go to: https://lpcsd-ar.rschooltoday.com
Transportation: We will have some significant challenges this year. Please know that we may have to make last-minute adjustments to games and/or practices. We will be unable to provide a Wilmington Shuttle. If this presents a hardship for any student, please contact Mr. Burdick and we will try to find an alternative solution. Students may drive themselves to practice, with permission from a parent. They may not transport other students. Mr. Burdick will have permission slips to go home.
Contests: There are no schedules yet for contests. There are enormous differences between schools and it will take some time and planning to schedule contests. It is likely that we won’t have full-season schedules, but contests planned week-to-week.
Free Meals for ALL Students Through October 30th!
Grab and Go Breakfasts- Our food service staff will have "Grab and Go" breakfasts available at each entrance every morning. Students will be able to grab their breakfast choice and proceed to their 1st-period class.
Parents and Visitors-Please Remain Outside
If you need to drop something off for your child, please buzz (the buzzer should be installed by next week) or call and let us know you are at the door and we will meet you.
Ecumenical Food Collection Days: On Saturday, October, 10th from 9am-12pm in the St. Agnes parking lot. See below for more information.
Please see Mrs. McConvey for more volunteer opportunities and don't forget to fill out and hand in those volunteer forms!!!
Pysch Notes by Dr. MIller
Will return next week.
Ecumenical Food Bank Information
- Several of the Lake Placid community service organizations have joined together to host monthly Ecumenical Food Bank Food Drives for the foreseeable future.
- Volunteers from the organizations will be on available at the St. Agnes Church parking lot to receive food donations.
- The 2nd Saturday between 9:00 am - 12:00 pm and the 3rd Thursday between 5:00 - 7:00 pm.
- More information can be found in the Lake Placid Insider and the organizations' web sites and Facebook pages. They include the Adirondack Community Church, Lake Placid School District, Lake Placid Synagogue, Lions Club, Rotary Club, and St. Agnes Parish.
- If you would like to join the effort please contact the Lake Placid Rotary Club via their web site or email@example.com
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2020-21
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month in the Board Room of the District Office unless otherwise noted.
Board meetings have been and will continue to be streamed live. Executive Order 202.1 – Article 7 of the Public Officers Law allows for the school board to meet without permitting in public in-person access to meetings. As such, any comments slated for the Good of the Cause can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
Our Board meetings are streamed live at http://www.lpcsd.org/ Click on “live stream”
Upcoming meeting dates are as follows: