The Bronco Buzz
February 5, 2016
UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE FORKS
- Monday, February 8- 8th Grade Parent Night Q&A- Brookwood High- 6:00-8:00pm
- Tuesday, February 9- Vertical Tech Team Meeting, 8:00-11:00am
- Tuesday, February 9- Trivia Night, 6:30-8:30pm- Cafeteria
- Wednesday, February 10- Talent Show Rehearsal, Band, Orchestra, Chorus Rooms 4:00-6:00pm
- Thursday, February 11 - FINAL DAY--Registration Forms Due-Rising 9th Graders
- Thursday, February 11- Picture Day
- Thursday, February 11- PLC
- Thursday, February 11- STEAM Night- 6:00-8:00pm
- Friday, February 12- Top 20 Teen--Advisement- 9:00-10:00am
- Friday, February 12- Teachers' Duty-Free Lunch
- Friday, February 12- FFMS Talent Show- Grace Fellowship- 6:30-9:00pm
Count Me In Award... Serita Napoleon
WINS FOR THE WEEK!
- National School Counselor Week was wonderful. Thank you to Laura Ross and Rachel Kusher for the wonderful duty free lunch!
- Congratulations to Rachel Kusher who won GCPS Middle School Counselor of the Year!
- Our Scholar's Bowl Team won 2ND IN STATE at the PAGE Championship! Thank you, Mr. Turnham, for your leadership!
- We earned a $2000 grant for our Robotics Teams! Mr. Griffin can't wait to spend this money on our students!
- Our 7th and 8th Grade Orchestra Pre-LGPE Concerts were spectacular! Hooray, Alaina!
- Our Lady Broncos are going to the tournament!!! Show your support and be at Brookwood HS on Saturday, February 6th at 3pm.
- NAEP testing went off without a hitch! Bravo!
- The FFMS Chili Cook off and Bonfire was awesome! There were SO MANY people from our school and the community who showed up for fun, food, and fellowship! Thank you to the FF Fathers and staff members who helped make this night so wonderful!
- Our SOUPER Bowl was SUPER!!! Thank you to Rachel Mickle, Scherrie Grim, Liz Sewell, Jeni Greene, and our amazing clerical staff who helped fill our bellies while we raised money for Relay for Life. For those of you who brought in food...it was AWESOME!
- We had a great Tornado drill this week! We are prepared!
Today's tech tip comes from both Tom and me. :) Please read carefully- MANY of you will want to spend some time cleaning up your desktop after reading this.
We have had a few laptops crash over the last few weeks as they are beginning to age and show some of the wear and tear that they have had over the last several years. (mine included)
It is EXTREMELY important that you are saving your work to your H drive, which you can now access from home via VPN. With us now having Google Drive you can also upload your documents there and they will be completely safe. WOOP WOOP!
Let me give you an example: My laptop died last week. Because all of my documents were saved to my H and many on Google Docs, I simply used another laptop to keep working without missing any docs or missing a beat. In fact I was in the middle of making my Tech Training Goolge Slide Show when my laptop died and I just moved over to my Mac and continued working. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Tom has had several cases recently where many documents are lost because staff members are saving to the Desktop, or My Documents, instead. Sometimes those docs can be recovered, but many times they can't.
** My Documents is actually not a part of your H Drive, it is a part of the C Drive which is a local machine and can be lost if your computer dies on you.**
Please stay organized in your saving of work and be intentional where you save. We all work too hard to lose the valuable documents we have created.
Please see me, or Tom, if you have any questions.
Did you know that Mrs. Brown has started a Blog? Check out what is happening in our very own FFMS Media Center!