7th Grade Science
Weeks of 4/4 + 4/11
- Asexual Reproduction Quiz 4/8
- Report Cards 4/11
Current Standard(s) 7.L.1.2
- What is genetics?
- Why does asexual reproduction result in less variation than other types of reproduction, such as fertilization?
- How do new body cells form?
- Why must gametes reproduce through meiosis instead of mitosis like normal body cells?
- What steps must occur for mitosis and meiosis to correctly form new cells?
- What is DNA? How is it structured?
CW: Bill Nye Greatest Discoveries in Biology w/ Worksheet
CW: Intro to Genetics Discussion w/ Vocab, Interactives + Clips
CW: Asexual Reproduction Preassessment + Begin Discussion
HW: Begin Correcting Pre Assessment
CW: Continue Discussing Types of Reproduction + Puppy Lab
HW: Finish Correcting Pre Assessment + Study
CW: Finsh Types of Reproduction Discussion and Asexual Reproduction Quiz
CW: Begin Discussion of Cell Division w/ Vocab, Interactives, WS + Clips
HW: Finish Mitosis Practice WS
CW: Continue Monday
HW: Finish CW
CW: Compare + Contrast Mitosis and Meiosis and Tour of the Basics WebQuest, Possible Lab
CW: Cell Division Quiz + Strawberry Lab
CW: Bill Nye Video(s) + Online Testing Tutorials