Bulldog Digital Academy Updates
November 6, 2020
Please Call the BDA At:
Grades Are Coming Soon
We are nearing the end of the first quarter, and grades will be coming out very soon.
Please make sure to check ProgressBook for updated grades and missing assignments. All of our teachers are trying their hardest to get all students in good standing. Please talk with your children to ensure they are completing what they need to complete. If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher(s).
Is the BDA Changing? I Want My Child to Stay in the BDA.
Please note that if your child is currently in the BDA, they are able to stay the entire year! We actually prefer it! We love your kids and all of you.
As soon as I get more information regarding the district in general or changes being made to the BDA, I will share that right away.
There is so much up in the air right now, that we want to have a solid plan moving forward.
Thank you for all of your patience and support.
We Are A Team - Is Your Child Trying Their Best?
Coats for Kids
**BDA students are also able to go at these times for pickup as well**
GH Middle and Elementary Schools Kick off the 2020 Coats for Kids Program!
Please find your child’s school building listed below for pick-up dates, times, and details.
Middle School: November 11th, 3-5 pm
Elmwood Elementary: Monday, November 9th through Thursday, November 12th from 8-3 pm. Pick up at Door I. NOTE: Please call 216-475-8110 before pick-up to notify the staff what size(s) you will need for your student(s).
Maple Leaf Elementary: Monday, November 9th through Thursday, November 12th from 8-3 pm. Pick up at Door B (gym). Questions? Please contact Ms. Hodge @ 216-662-3800 x54008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
William Foster Elementary: Monday, November 9th through Thursday, November 12th from 8-3 pm. NOTE: Please call 216-475-8123 before pick-up to notify the staff what size(s) you will need for your student(s).
Mrs. Morris's Reflections
- Please note that after office hours, teachers may not be able to respond until the next business day. I encourage my teachers to make time for their own families while also being responsive to our parents. Please give them 24 hours to respond. We appreciate all of you!
- Late start Thursday is no longer happening in our district. Please make sure that your child is logged on the same time on Thursdays that they are for the other four days of school.
- If you would like to join the BDA remind group, please text 81010 @ghcsbda
- Please make sure that you are logging on and checking Progress Book to see what assignments are missing for your child and their current grades. Google Classroom is a wonderful platform, but it will not show you the missing assignments.
- Please make sure your child is logged on, camera on, and ready to go at the start of each class.
- Please make sure that your child is completing their work. I know it is tempting to jump in and help them, but we need them to do the work. We need this to be as much like school as possible, and we need the students interacting and doing their work. Please also know that if you need to assist your child logging on and or navigating to a particular place, we appreciate that, but we can not have you logged on in the classroom as well all day. We can only allow our students to be logged into the zoom call. There are many reasons for this, and we appreciate your support and understanding on this matter.
- Make sure you are using the computer for the appropriate use. They are for attending class and completing school work. Teachers are reporting that some students are on all kinds of websites, chatting with each other, playing around on their camera, so please talk to your child about appropriate use and internet safety. Most of this is occuring in the afternoon.
- When on zoom with your teachers and classmates in class, it is to be treated as if you were at school physically together. Appropriate language both verbally and in the chat is mandatory. Poor language and inappropriate actions will result in disciplinary action and being removed from the lesson.
- Please also limit the use of phones. Teachers report that some students are texting and talking on the phone during the lesson. This not only takes away from your child, but all of the rest of them on the zoom lesson.
- You may want to consider using headphones to drown out the noise in the home/daycare so that you can focus on the teacher and student discussions that occur each day. Several teachers have mentioned that the students are struggling to hear their teachers due to their siblings, pets, and/or atmosphere being too loud and distracting and/or that of their classmates. Please create a quiet place for your child to be in during their learning.
- Please limit the snacks, eating, and restroom breaks unless it is an emergency. Teachers are giving the students breaks for those things to be taken care of throughout the day. Please treat this digital learning time as you would in the physical building.
- As adults, guardians, parents, we also need to be mindful of our actions, language, and dress while your child is on zoom in class. Students are looking at their cameras and seeing or hearing inappropriate adults is not ok for anyone's child. Please be mindful.
- If your child is going to be absent, leave early, or come late - please call 216-475-8105 ext 53036 and let us know so we can mark the attendance correctly. If we are on the other line, please leave a message, and we will check it regularly. Please do not call the student's home school, please call the mentioned number and extension.
- Best way to reach our teachers is through their email, and they are all listed below. It is wonderful to have Google Classroom, Google phone numbers, Remind, etc, but teachers are requesting that you contact them through their email. This is the easiest and quickest way for them to track their messages, responses, and give help where they can. We do not want to miss any of your questions or concerns, so please email the teachers. We are here to assist however we can. Please note that the teacher should also be the first contact as they will usually have the right answer before we will.
- Best way to reach me is also through my email. I am able to answer those the quickest whether I am on the phone or in a meeting.
November 13------------------------No School - Elementary Conferences (K-5), Middle School still -------------------------------------------------attends (Grades 6-8)
November 19------------------------Middle School Conferences 4:00-7:00 PM
November 25------------------------No School - Teacher Comp DayNovember 26 & 27----------------Thanksgiving Break
December 23-31 -------------------Winter Break
January 22----------------------------End of 2nd Quarter
January 29----------------------------Professional Day - No School for Students
Bulldogs Digital Academy Staff
Melissa Irvine email@example.com
Alyssa Reichard firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Flood email@example.com
Amy Halusker firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Corporan email@example.com
Ashley McWilliams firstname.lastname@example.org
Jen Molnar email@example.com
Christina Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Krystal Parnin email@example.com
Leigh Ann Pustai firstname.lastname@example.org
(ELA)Marcie O’Hanlon email@example.com
(Math) Jamie Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org
(Science) Lori Frank email@example.com
(S.Studies) Carrie Spelich firstname.lastname@example.org
(ELA) Martha Hach email@example.com
(Math) Debby Hrin firstname.lastname@example.org
(Science) Lisa Mullins email@example.com
(S.Studies) Melissa Herman firstname.lastname@example.org
(ELA) Katie Skocdopole email@example.com
(Math) Nick Lawrinson firstname.lastname@example.org
(Science) Jon Mockbee email@example.com
(S.Studies) Jill Cooke firstname.lastname@example.org
(ELA) Nicole Thomas email@example.com
(Math) Carla Brayer firstname.lastname@example.org
(Science) Victoria Tomasheski email@example.com
(S.Studies) Benjamin Harreld firstname.lastname@example.org
(ELA) Dave Schillero email@example.com
(Math) Keith Kneisel firstname.lastname@example.org
(Science) Bethany Guzoski email@example.com
(S.Studies) Alyssa Maki firstname.lastname@example.org
(K-5 Maple Leaf) Annie Jennings email@example.com
(K-5 William Foster) Nora Lopez firstname.lastname@example.org
(K-5 Elmwood) Amy Pullen email@example.com
(6th Grade) Lana Mastroianni firstname.lastname@example.org
(7th Grade) Nicole Ramos email@example.com
(8th Grade) Molly Dise firstname.lastname@example.org
(Technology) Shannon Bailor email@example.com
(Librarian/Story Time) Kelly Rose firstname.lastname@example.org
(Academic Support) Carolyn Angello email@example.com
(Guidance Counselor) Michael Banyasz firstname.lastname@example.org
(Support/Secretary) Connie Kingsmill email@example.com
(Administrator) Brynn Morris firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to see a little bit about each staff member:https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQxuFmyHYW4g8OcoUPxi4Y4jbgmIZjtG_9UnokMbTg9RHQnVLB_NgNLCW7k9fBu8otC597QO4LvcPCE/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=15000&fbclid=IwAR1RpU8bUvURuvn94vm7ozEVUsNYFm7Q9Rm0y_caVCUxUdP0qCtb4mKqvLU&slide=id.p
Things to Know...
2. We will be using the Remind app to get in touch with you throughout the day and also to deliver much needed information directly to your phone. Please make sure to sign up for this by texting 81010 @ ghcsbda
Troubles With Your Chromebook
**If you are having technical issues, please contact your child's teacher first. If they are unable to fix the problem, please complete the tech ticket below so our technology department can look into the issue to assist.**
Create a ticket:
Here is the link to the website: https://apps.learn21.org/GarfieldHeightsOH/one2one/Kiosk#MatchAssignment
Meal Service for Our Students
We are excited to offer meal service to our students during virtual learning. We want to make meals accessible to you.
There will be 2 options available:
-- "Grab & Go" curbside meal service, where families can drive to a designated school and pick up meals for their student(s) daily OR
-- "Direct to you Delivery Service," where we will deliver 1 day's worth of food (breakfast & lunch) directly to your house for each student.
Please note: Some students may not be eligible for Delivery Service if they live very close to a school.
Please complete this survey to help us create a plan that best serves you & your family!
Extra Support/Services Needed???
- Counseling services
- Mental health services
- Education and prevention services
- Consultation services
- Home visits and support
- Anger management
- Many other services and supports
Please contact Mrs. Gina Wilson, Family and Civic Engagement Coordinator