Garfield Re-2 News You Can Use
A quick update on District happenings 10-30-18
Your Collaborative Solutions common message
In case you missed it, the Collaborative Solutions common message is below. Their next meeting is November 9, so please reach out to your CS member if you have anything you would like addressed.
On October 19, Collaborative Solutions:
• On Friday, Collaborative Solutions heard an update from Heidi Hitch-Young regarding her presentation to the School Board on October 9. She did an amazing job representing CS.
• Collaborative Solutions reiterated that all staff, including the classified staff, will benefit from the proposed salary schedules.
• Collaborative Solutions heard an update from the HR Design Team around their timeline for proposing possible changes and creating a multi-year district plan for health insurance moving forward. The HR Design Team is looking for more people to be involved. If you are interested in helping to create systems to retain or recruit staff, please contact Elizabeth Rinaldi.
• Collaborative Solutions evaluated and revised the annual survey that will be sent to all staff on October 29th. It will be available digitally and on paper. Please complete this survey because it guides all of the work Collaborative Solutions does each year. The survey will close on November 2, 2018 at midnight. All responses to the survey are confidential, anonymous, and they can NOT be tracked. The results are used to fulfill the mission of Collaborative Solutions.
• Remember to vote!!!
Next meeting: November 9, 2018
• Reviewing election results that could impact our salary schedules
• Reviewing Collaborative Solutions survey data
• Creating the agenda for the year
The survey is HERE!!! The survey is HERE!!!!
Tell your friends and colleagues - classified. . certified. . .administrators!
Collaborative Solutions has finished their annual survey and all they need is YOU. Click the link, take the survey!
This survey helps them plan their work for the coming year. Please take a few moments to take the survey. It is only a few minutes, and helps your CS team a TON!
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 4 FALL BACK!
Bounce Back: Recovering from Stressful Situations. Available anytime, any day, your Employee Assistance This program is a free, confidential program to help you balance your work, family, and personal life.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM OCTOBER 2018
Daily events can elevate our stress levels and lead to feelings of burnout. Building your resilience can help you bounce back more quickly. Your Employee Assistance Program is available 24/7 to help you strengthen your resilience and find ways to bounce back.
To view this webinar, go to www.triadeap.com and “Log-in to Your EAP” using your organization’s User ID and Password (below and on the flyer). Webinars are now prerecorded and accessible any time after the date above. The webinars also offer enhanced interactivity to allow users to submit questions. Questions are answered individually via email and then also uploaded into an FAQ section to aid other users.
Don’t have time to view the webinar? Transcripts are available on the same page as login.
Visit your home page:
Available anytime, any day, your Employee Assistance
Program is a free, confidential program to help
you balance your work, family, and personal life.
Good Luck Re-2 Athletes in post season action
The Rifle Football team will host the first round of the 2A state football tournament at Bear Stadium Saturday, November 3. Kickoff is 1 p.m. Admission is set by CHSAA. Only CHSAA passes will be honored, all others must pay the admission fee.
- Pre-School (age 4 and under)...Free
- Student (K-12) & Senior Citizen (age 60 and up)...$5.00
- General Admission...$8.00
Gates will open at 11:00am.
GRANTS. . .TECH GRANTS. . . GRANTS
As of October 1st, CenturyLink is accepting grant applications for the CenturyLink Teachers and Technology Grants program with a purpose to identify and support teachers and projects that bring technology into the classroom in an innovative manner.
Grants are available to full-time public and private school teachers in grades PreK-12 operating in a CenturyLink service area. Schools do NOT need to be a CenturyLink customer in order to apply for a grant and no special consideration will be given to any school, regardless of customer status. Grants will be awarded up to $5,000 per project and applicants will provide a summary of their project, a budget and a detail on the impact they think this project/purchase will have in their classroom.
Applications may be submitted online at www.centurylink.com/teachersandtechnology through January 12th, 2019. Grants will then be awarded and presented to schools and teachers in-person between April 1st and May 15th, 2019.
If you are applying for a grant in Garfield Re-2 here are a few steps to follow:
- BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE PROCESS, download the Garfield Re-2 Grant process sheet here
- Check with your building administrator or direct supervisor so they can help you refine your idea that you would like to write your grant for;
- Now that you have support from your leadership and know what you might want to write for, complete the Garfield Re-2 Grant submission form. This will create a form that Senior Leadership will review. This team will insure that you get assistance if you need it for your grant application, think abouts and ideas, there is an account up for your grant funds, and you are aware of any unintended consequences that may be associated with your grant application.
IMPORTANT SCHOOL BOARD MEETING DATE CHANGES!!!!!
In addition, at their last regular school board meeting, the school board modified their calendar and moved the December 11 to December 4th at 5:30 p.m. This meeting will be held at Graham Mesa Elementary. There is only one meeting in December.
Come join the HR Design Team
Friday, Dec. 14th, 9am-12pm
839 Whiteriver Avenue
If you are interested in participating contact Elizabeth Rinaldi!!!
SKI PASSES STILL AVAILABLE
Aspen Snowmass discount still available! Although, the deadline to enroll in a Aspen Snowmass ski pass via payroll deduction is gone, you can still purchase a Aspen Snowmass ski pass directly from one of the Aspen Snowmass ticket office's or by calling their Mountain Sales Call Center at (844) 362-4310.
Below are the discounted rates.
PURCHASE BY 11/16/18
Double Flex $999
PURCHASE AFTER 11/16/18
Double Flex $1,144