SHS Counseling Newsletter
We encourage you and your student to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and utilize our Sprayberry Counseling website regularly as it provides a wealth of information. For example, each month's newsletters will be housed on our website in the event that you or your student need to refer back to it. We are looking forward to an exciting school year!
All social media handles and websites are listed at the bottom of the newsletter.
Important Notice: Senior Letter Mail Out
- Status Report
- ON THE BACK OF COVER LETTER: Important information regarding how to check and monitor the HOPE GPA on www.GAfutures.org If your senior is planning to attend college in Georgia, it is his/her responsibility to create their account in GAfutures and check/monitor their high school HOPE GPA. If your senior does NOT have their social security number (SSN) on file, he/she will NOT be able to view their high school HOPE GPA.
If you have questions regarding your student's senior letter, please send an email to your student's assigned counselor. Each counselor's caseload is listed on the cover letter you received as well as the bottom of this newsletter.
College Rep Visits
- All college rep visits will be held on Wednesdays during AO.
- Students must register through their Naviance account.
Currently, we have the following colleges/universities that have signed up and are ready to meet with our students. Students are encouraged to check their Naviance accounts regularly to see the colleges and universities that scheduled a visit to Sprayberry HS.
- The University of Alabama - September 8 at 1:10 PM
- Mercer University - October 6 at 1:10 PM
- Georgia Southwestern State University - October 13 @ 1:10 PM
- University of Mississippi - October 20 @ 1:10 PM
- University of West Georgia - October 27 @ 1:10 PM
DON'T DELAY, SIGN UP TODAY!
*NOTE: Cobb County School District assigned every student with a Naviance account. If your student does not recall their username and/or password, the student needs to send an email to their assigned counselor.
ParentVUE and StudentVUE
You are able to monitor your student's grades and attendance through ParentVUE. For assistance with ParentVUE, please send an email to our ParentVUE coordinator, Michelle Pace, at email@example.com. In your email, please include your student's first and last name as well as their student ID (lunch number).
Please encourage your student to monitor his or her grades regularly through their StudentVUE account. If your student needs assistance accessing their StudentVUE account, he or she can send an email to our media specialist, Paula Axford, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, your student must include their first and last name as well as their student ID (lunch number).
Small Group Opportunities
Nature Sounds & Music, Apps for Staying Calm & Connected, Animal Webcams, Visual Relaxation, Puzzles & Games, Coloring & Creativity, Support: Hotlines & Textlines, Exercise, Breathing, Relaxation, & Staying Present
Upcoming Events & Reminders
Counselor In The Cafe - August 19
December Grad Meeting - August 25
2021-2022 SHS Counseling Department
Mrs. Misty Hawk, Last Names: E - Li
Dr. Brandy Brady, Last Names: Ll - Roc and DE for Chatt Tech
Dr. Tammy White, Last Names: Rod - Z and DE for KSU
Mrs. Nury Gonzalez, Counseling Clerk
Ms. Theresa Morales, Registrar
CONNECT WITH US ON INSTAGRAM: @sprayberrycounseling
CONNECT WITH US ON TWITTER: @sprayberrycounse1ing