Daisy Troop 2209
Hi Troop 2209 Parents!
- Reviewed the Girl Scout Promise and Law (see below)
- Made name tags for our Kaper Chart--each girl has a job at our meetings (jobs rotate)
- Discussed what it means to be fair and honest
- Played a truth game and discussed being fair
- Decorated our talking stick, to be used during our circle time
- Heard the Lupe the Lupine story and colored a Lupe flower
- Sang the songs: "Make New Friends" and "Girl Scout Smile"
Next meeting, Tuesday, December 17th (hosted by Beth): Using Resources Wisely
-Leah Carden (813) 230-5515 and Susan Heine (323) 697-5496
Iron on the Light Blue Petal Patch: Lupe the Lupine
Missed the Troop meeting?
They need to:
1. Listen to the story below
2. Discuss the story with you and what it means to be honest and fair
Iron on the light blue petal before the next troop meeting!
Troop Meeting Schedule
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 (Beth Conway)
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 (Aerian Ford)
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 (MaryLou Bailey)
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 (Susan Heine)
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 (John or Karin Hotchkiss)
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 (Zully Mejia)
Tuesday, June 3, 2014 (Brandy Caracciolo)
The Girl Scout Promise and Law
The Girl Scout Promise
On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.
The Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
respect myself and others,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.
Make New Friends
Make new friends
but keep the old.
One is silverand the other’s gold.
A circle is round,
it has no end.
That's how long
I want to be your friend.
Girl Scout Smile Song
I have something in my pocket
That belongs across my face
I keep it very close at hand
In a most convenient place
I’m sure you couldn’t guess it
If you guess a long, long while
So I’ll take it out and put it on
It’s a great big Daisy smile!