Faculty Meeting Information
WELCOME and Welcome Back! :)
- Jill Cheney-Bovee, Administrative Intern
- Christopher Doody, MS Physical Education
- Lindy Gooden, Gr. 6 Special Education
- Craig Falkenbury, Teaching Assistant
Teacher Showcase for PBIS
Local Assistance Plan
Team, We have been informed that our school will be designated as “needing a local assistance plan” due to performance of students with disabilities over 2009-2010, 2010-2011, and 2011-2012 school years. Personally, I have been struggling with this designation as I KNOW how much work this ENTIRE building did last year. I also remember the work you poured into SINI and then PBIS. The last thing I want for us to have to do is juggle one more thing. Unfortunately, I can’t dig my heels in on this one and will now look at the possibility this review will bring. A ppt with additional information was sent out through school email.
We will need to convene a team of volunteers to help with this review. During the first week of school, we will brainstorm options to do this work outside of the school day as much as possible to avoid having you miss class time with your students – our first priority. If you are interested in serving on the team, please let me know by the end of August. I anticipate seeking help from Mrs. Jill Bovee (Admin Intern) and Katie Jones (BOCES School Improvement) for our team as well.
Dignity for All Students Act
Local Growth (APPR)
- Tweaks to the master schedule are still happening.
- Thank you for your patience.
- Class sizes will still fluctuate during the last week of August as schedules are finalized.
- See Chris with any class related questions/concerns.
Common Core Resources on Engageny.org
These tools provide a good discussion starter admin-teacher, teacher-teacher, and teacher-self. Take a look!