Week of: May 21 - May 25
You made it! The last few days of school are here and will be over before you know it. It is important that you read this newsletter in it's entirety as there are quite a few details regarding various items, activities, etc. that will present themselves in the coming days.
District Field Day Attendees: Teachers plan to dress comfortably, if ALL staff attending could wear their RED t-shirts from the beginning of the year that would be helpful in identifying our McAllister teachers especially if a students needs help, etc. All Students will need to bring their lunch with them whether it be a school sack lunch or a lunch from home. If you have not already, please make sure the office has a copy of the permission slips for your students attending/ if your whole class is attending you should also retain a copy for yourself. In the event of torrential downpours, we will have to cancel field day - keep your fingers crossed that the showers will be minimal at best during the scheduled field day times.
Moving: Boxes have been dispersed, please make sure that your room does not look barren and ready to be moved when parents attend the EOY parties. We will have plenty of time after they leave and for the following two days to make it happen. In fact, Mr. Bocook will be sending help on Thursday after lunch to assist with the big move.
EOY Parties: I understand that many of you have room moms that have planned extravagant parties for the end of the year, they are welcome to check in through the front office as early as 8AM. Please make sure that all of your other parents are aware that they will enter through the gymnasium. We will send home visitor passes this week - anyone without one will need to check in with the check in table in the gym. Check out will work very similar to the way in which it did for Christmas parties. Parents will check out other students from the class but this will not occur until all parties are over.
With an intentional focus of consistency on being curious & crazy for kids you will ALWAYS find a culture that is student focused!
Have a great week!
- May 21 - District Field Day - Lunch in Class, typical specials/resource schedule!
- May 22 - Typical School Day - No Faculty Meeting
- May 23 - No Specials, Lunch is Sack Lunch - Will be eaten in the classroom.
- May 23 - Last Day of School - Report Cards & MAP Reports to be sent home.
- May 24 - The Great Move of MES - See Image Below
- May 24 - Joy Crowley's Retirement Breakfast - 7:30 AM - MES
- May 24 - EOY Celebration - Plan to make your way down around 11:40
- May 25 - The Great Move of MES cont....
- May 25 - Checklists Due - Last Day Of Teacher Schedule
Sign Off times for EOY Checklists:
May 24th - (1-3pm)
May 25th - (8-10am)
*Anyone in charge of signing off will be available during the times listed above in there office/work space. This will allow for more efficiency in ensuring we are available to you at these specified times. Counselors have a training on Friday, be sure to see them on Thursday or on Friday after 1pm.
Have an INCREDIBLE Week!
Summative Feedback Survey (Administration)
The Major McAllister Move of 2018
Making Moves at McAllister
- Ms. Roberts and Ms. Baker pulled off an impressive 3rd Annual "McAllister Has Talent" Show. Organized, decorated and executed like a wheel oiled machine!
- A major kudos to Ms. Nobles for all the organization and dedication that was poured into Economics Day! The kiddos loved it!
- Ms. Shultz made sure that our volunteers were appreciated in a real way! Great job in pulling off a very successful and well attended luncheon.
Resources that you may find useful...
Twitter Chats - Can't Get Enough? Check here for ALL opportunities to connect with PLN's worldwide discussing ALL things awesome in Education. https://sites.google.com/site/twittereducationchats/education-chat-calendar
In a school of over 120 it can be hard to know everyone's name...Have you had a chance to look at the staff directory where pictures of our staff members can be located?
Click here & start welcoming others into your class to see the amazing things you are doing!
Click this link to see all of the awesome things our teachers have posted on twitter this week. Always remember to use the #MESrocks when posting to keep these items united!