From the Office of Student Activities
Happy Spooky Season!
We hope everyone is having a great semester and ready for midterms soon! A few reminders as we move into October:
- Continue reaching out to your new members that have signed up for your groups. An initial welcome email is great! Keep thinking about how you will engage members all semester. We can help with this!
- Moderator signatures are still required for all events that are not general body meetings. Please remember that all request forms must go through the Office of Student Activities, and we will send it over to Malika in Event Services.
- We are no longer doing any student reimbursements/refunds through our office! We had too many students losing money last year and do not want this to happen. Please contact Lea with any questions regarding funding.
Program Planning Workshop
Tuesday, Oct. 29th, 5:30pm
*This workshop counts towards Greyhound Club Status
Club of the Month
Congratulations to the Association of Latin and Spanish Students (ALAS)!
When asked why they should be featured, President Genesis Romero said:
"ALAS has a mission to aid in the effort of promoting multi-cultural awareness in Latin American and Hispanic cultures, within the Loyola community. We work and strive for the inclusiveness of all communities that participate with us in order to broaden our reach and provide a safe space for those who identify as Hispanic or Latinx. Our organization annually puts on panels, keynote speakers, dance night, and Latin Fest during Latinx/Hispanic Heritage month (September 15- October 15th) to bring more awareness and celebrate our community here at Loyola."
Check out all of their events for Latinx Heritage Month!
"This year our theme is "Mi Familia" or "My Family" that highlights those people who have supported us in times of tribulations and maintained a strong and unconditional love for us. Whether it is the family you were born into or those you have chosen to be family, ALAS wants to celebrate the people who have molded us into the people we are today. For this reason, we find it vital to continue to honor our ancestry and history."
- Be on the lookout for a master calendar coming soon! This will be a place for clubs to post their meeting times and events.
- All funding requests must include the new sustainability form that is location on the appropriations website.
- All funding requests must be submitted at least 2 senate meetings (2 Tuesdays) prior to your event. This allows enough time for the senate to ask questions and for you to obtain funding after being approved.
- Contact Maxwell Howald with any SGA related questions
- Contact Chief Financial Officer Oliver Kish with any SGA funding questions
- What is my club's budget?
- A: Only a few clubs out of the 200+ have their own accounts and these are for specific reasons. Most clubs' budgets come from fundraising and any donations they might receive in addition to any SGA awarded funding, and this does not roll over year to year.
- What is my club's status?
- A: Click the button above to check our tracking document for your group's status!
- Why haven't I received a confirmation from Events about my request?
- A: Event Services is receiving a high number of requests. Please allow time for both the Office of Student Activities and Event Services to process your request. If your event is within a few days and you have not received a confirmation, please reach out to Lea.