We're glad you joined us today!
SUNDAY, JUNE 13, 2021
As we gather together this morning in person and others connect with us through livestream, we remain a Body of imperfect people who desire to walk in authentic community together as followers of Jesus. This special Sunday Morning Worship Experience is purposed, FIRST AND FOREMOST, to glorify God who deserves every ounce of honor we can pour out AND encourage you through relevant teaching from the Bible, reflective prayers, meaningful worship, loving and serving one another in deep, unifying fellowship. We hope that you will leave both exhausted and refreshed, challenged, encouraged, and hopeful for tomorrow.
Lineup for Today:
- 9:00am - Conversations with God...Corporate Prayer in Padre's Office (Lower Level)
- 9:30am - Crossroads University
- 10:30am - The Sunday Morning Worship Experience
- 12:20pm - Crossroads Connection Luncheon in the Underground
- 6:00pm - Sunday Evening Groups
- 6:00pm - Crossroads Student Ministry (CSM)
Crossroads University Group Locations:
- In the Worship Center - Pastor Darryl and "How Do I Share the Gospel?"
- In the Upper Room - Michael Hicks and "Cults, Heresies and the Crazies"
- On the Lower Level:Conference Room - Pastor Daniel and "The Lost Practice of Catechism"
**Go to Crossroads University in Church Center to see MORE about and register for the courses being offered in the current block.
Guests, we'd love to know about your virtual visit today, hear your praises, prayer requests and comments about how you were impacted, and answer any questions you might have about our church, what you heard or next steps to getting involved.
If you're a returning attender or Covenant Partner and would like to share your praises, prayer requests, leave a comment about how you've been impacted today or if you have a question about something you heard today or this week, please click here.
If you're a returning attender or Covenant Partner and you've had a change of address, phone, or email, if you've gotten married or need to make any other changes in your profile in our church management system (CMS), click here.
If you're a Covenant Partner and God's Spirit has placed in you the desire to serve the body and minister to the community through the local church, start your journey here.
Clicking will take you directly to Crossroads' Donate page. Scroll to the bottom of the Announcements for a "How To" video and other ways you can give.
Love One Another...Build One Another Up
Before I can ever criticize others for being unfriendly, unwelcoming, cliquish, snobbish, etc. - I have to first discern what I'm putting out there and just exactly what void I'm looking to fill.
- Sometimes we're looking for other insecure people to make us feel MORE secure.
- Sometimes we criticize those who need love more than we do.
- Sometimes we're looking for someone to fulfill us, ignoring the fact that maybe God has put us there to fulfill someone else.
- Sometimes we're just being selfish - always looking to take/never willing to give.
- Sometimes people are rude and need to have grace, mercy and forgiveness extended to them.
- Ultimately, if we know enough to point out where others are flawed in friendliness, we must be willing to be the first to extend ourselves.
Galatians 6:10 ESV So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.
Ephesians 4:32 ESV Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV Therefore encourage one another and build one another up...
Who We Are
Church, we’re not committed to being better than someone else…God’s Word tells us that comparing ourselves among ourselves makes us fools.
What we are to compare ourselves to is Jesus and the teachings of His Word and to that comparison, we all fall short. So we’re on a journey together…we’ve made a covenant with God and with one another to be transformed.
What we ARE fully committed to is this — keeping our gaze laser-focused on being conformed to His image and pursuing that with reckless abandon…TOGETHER. We walk in this Blessed Hope TOGETHER…in His Word TOGETHER…in His Spirit TOGETHER…for His Kingdom TOGETHER. You may not be there yet, but to be The Church, you MUST BE committed to the journey: (click here to continue reading)
Father's Day Tailgate - NEXT WEEK - RSVP Today
This fun event is just one week out!
To help us better prepare, please register in Signups or by clicking the link below!
We'll be TAILGATING here at Crossroads after the Worship Experience on Father's Day. Invite your parents and your kids to join you for this special Sunday and stay for lunch as we honor and remember good men.
We'll provide the burgers and dogs, buns, bottled water and tableware (plates, utensils, napkins, etc.). YOU bring sides and/or desserts. Use the SignUps tab in Church Center or the link below to let us know which meat you'd like and what you're planning on bringing.
When registering, click on Sides and/or Desserts to view a drop-down of different options. Using this is going to help with knowing what people are bringing and eliminate too much of the same food/not enough of others. To SignUp in Church Center, click here.
Crossroads KidzMin Resources
Find out what your kiddos learned today in Crossroads Kidz as well as other resources to help you continue the discussion @Home, click here or go to https://direction4living.com/AtHome. You can also join the conversation with other parents for great resources to supplement your ministry as a parent by going to your Church Center app, go to Groups and look for the Group "@Home for C2 Parents". To join this Group if you're not already a member, click here.
In this Communication Group, you'll also find a constant flow of resources and articles that we provide and recommend to supplement and train you in your ministry of Discipleship @HOME.
Check Out Friday's "C2 Essentials"
Check Out Wednesday's "Over The Hump"
Join us for MidWeek!
Are You Looking for Community? Need a Spiritual Recharge to Get You Through the Week? JOIN US Wednesdays for MidWeek @ 6:30pm.
MidWeek is a place for adults from 12 to 120 to find community through fellowship, bible study and prayer. It's a "hump day" for followers of Jesus to spiritually and emotionally refresh, recharge and share in life together. It's designed for the spiritual health and fitness of those who desire to be conformed to His image and nourished in His Body.
Children are welcome. Click the image above to learn more about MidWeek.
If you haven't yet, download Church Center today!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones below this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
You can find and install Church Center in the App Store of your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by clicking HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.
Supporting the ministries of Crossroads Church with your tithes and offerings has never been more simple. You can give...
- By Mobile App: Go to your App Store and download Church Center. Log in using the mobile number you have on record with the church. Go to the Giving tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Online: Click Here or click the "Give Online" button. If you need assistance, watch the video above.
- By Mail: Make checks payable to Crossroads Church and mail to
PO BOX 351
Grain Valley, MO 64029
- By Text to Give: simply text any dollar amount to 84321 to give. After choosing a church, you'll be asked to set up a payment method. Existing donors can log in to their profile to select a previously used payment method. After initial setup, all you have to do is send an amount to 84321 to give. If giving to a fund other than General or when giving to multiple funds, type the amount followed by the name of the fund. Example: $100 missions $20 building. Other funds are...
Connect with Us!
...by leveraging who we are and what we've been given to reach our neighbors, our city and our world with the Gospel -- so others may hear...AND live.