Holly Elementary Happenings
Happy Friday! This week a few of our 4th and 5th grade Students participated in the groundbreaking of the new middle school. This is very exciting for our students and community.
We hope that you enjoy this beautiful weather, and have a wonderful weekend!
Book Fair coming Oct. 16th-19th
We are hiring
Leader in Me Section
Holly Elementary is a Leader in Me school. We follow the 7 Habits of highly effective people/kids. The 7 Habits are:
Habit 1: Be Proactive - I am a responsible person. I take initiative. I choose my actions, attitudes and moods. I do not blame others for my wrong actions. I do the right thing without being asked, even when no one is looking.
Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind – I plan ahead and set goals. I do things that have meaning and make a difference. I am an important part of my classroom and contribute to my school's mission and vision.
Habit 3: Put First Things First – I spend my time on things that are most important. This means I say no to things I know I should not do. I set priorities, make a schedule and achieve my goals. I am disciplined and organized.
Habit 4: Think Win-Win - I balance courage, forgetting what I want, with consideration for what others want. I make deposits in others' Emotional Bank Accounts. When conflicts arise, I look for third alternatives. I look for ways to be a good citizen.
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then be Understood - I listen to other people's ideas and feelings. I try to see things from their viewpoints. I listen to others without interrupting. I am confident in voicing my ideas. I look people in the eyes when talking.
Habit 6: Synergize - I value other people's strengths and learn from them. I work well in groups, even with people who are different from me. I seek out other people's ideas to solve problems because I know that by teaming with others we can create better solutions than can anyone of us alone. I am humble.
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw - I take care of my body by eating right, exercising, and getting sleep. I spend time with family and friends. I learn in lots of ways and lots of places, not just in school. I take time to find meaningful ways to help others.
Just a couple of reminders about our drop off and pick up procedures:
- Students eating breakfast will enter the building @ 8:20 AM and go directly to the cafeteria.
- If you are driving and dropping off your students please use the carline.
- Carline pick up is running smoother each day.
- Please do not walk up to carline and pick students up.
- If you have not yet completed your Skyward verification, please do so as soon as possible. One of the updates includes your 5-day plan for dismissal. We will use that when questions arise.
- If your child takes medication at school, forms must be renewed each year. You can find the forms on our website in the Community/Parents tab under Medical Information.
- Please fill out a new volunteer form every year. We can not use the ones from the previous school year.
Items to send in Daily
- Water bottle