Memory Improvement Tips
Learn how to boost your memory!
11 Great Ways to Improve Memory
- Focus your attention on the materials you are studying. Attention is one of the major components of memory
- Avoid cramming by creating regular study sessions. If you cram you are more likely to forget than to remember!
- Structure and organize the info. being studied. Organization is key to improvement!
- Utilize mnemonic devices to remember. Mnemonic devices are a great way to keep info. stored
- Elaborate and rehearse information you are studying. You need to encode what you are learning in your long-term memory in order
- Visualize concepts to improve memory and recall. Many people benefit from what they study if they can visualize it.
Relate new info. to things you already know.
Teach new concepts to other people. Reading info. aloud helps you improve memory.
Pay extra attention to difficult info.
Vary your study routine. Occasionally you should change up your study routine.
Lastly get some sleep!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are some people born with better memories than others? Genetics count for about half of your mental ability and memory function. So yes others can have a better memory than others, its a simple fact.
Can memory be improved? Yes, there are several ways to improve memory, some are even listed above. There are many more the human brain is a complex machine!