Stanley Switlik Elementary's Official Newsletter
Dear Switlik families,
I hope you are enjoying your long weekend. This week, students will participate in the annual jogathon. I am looking forward to this friendly competition to see which students will represent each homeroom class for the runoff. I would like to thank all students and parents for their fundraising efforts. Monies raised are used for class trips, PE/recess equipment, and many other items to enrich your child’s program.
The following week is Celebrate Literacy Week. This year’s theme is Launch Into Literacy, Blast Off Into New Worlds! Please see the daily activities and dress up themes in this newsletter. I encourage all students to take the reader’s oath and make time to read every day.
Have a wonderful week!
- School hours are 8:25-3:20
- All dismissal changes must be written and sent to the office prior to 1:30 pm. No changes to dismissal are permitted after 2:00 pm.
- To report absences, please call Odalis Mendez at (305) 289-2490 x 59370
- We are accepting donations of rods and reels for our Fishing Club to the attention of Mr. Eller. All conditions accepted.
- 1/17: No School- MLK Day
- 1/18-1/20: Jog-a-thon Running Days- wear sneakers
- 1/24-1/28: Celebrate Literacy Week