What is it?
What it does to you
- physical effects
- sweating,Drowsiness, or itchy skin
- If going through withdraw you may experience anxiety, muscle tremor, and abdominal pain
What it does to you (Continued)
- Psychological effects
- Psychological dependence
- Methadone is used to treat heroin addicts
- there are two other drugs that can be interchanged with methadone
- not high potential for addiction
- high physical dependence
- less withdraw symptoms than heroin
- addicted and less physical symptoms
Prevalence of use: US, MD, Harford
US- used very commonly in the united states for the treatment of addiction
MD- In Maryland there are 61 methadone center
Harford- there are now prisons that are treating hundreds of addicts
Fact Sheet. Boston, MA: Dept., 1988. DEA Facts Sheet. Web.
"Health Drug Research Project." Gale. N.p., n.d. Web.
"Methadone | CESAR." Methadone | CESAR. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 May 2015.
"Methadone from India." Methadone. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 May 2015.
"Methadone - Google Search." Methadone - Google Search. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2015.
"Money - Google Search." Money - Google Search. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2015.
"Some Correctional Facilities Treating Addicts with Medication." Baltimoresun.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2015.
"Treatment Services." 61 Methadone Maintenance Programs in Maryland. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 May 2015
"42 CFR 8.12 - Federal Opioid Treatment Standards." 42 CFR 8.12. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 May 2015.