By: Dalia Soriano
Are you a veteran returning home? Have you thought of the effects that the war may bring you when returning home?
Rehabilitation Road To Recovery
Treatment and Programs
Treatment is a combined with therapies and activities:
- Individual counseling- session with a psychologist, at least 5 days a week.
- Couple therapy- session with therapist or psychologist to develop family interaction.
- Occupational therapy- therapy for individual needs such as brain fitness, anger management, relaxation training, stress management, aquatic therapy and many more.
- Physical Readiness- exercise to reach physical fitness standards.
- speech pathology-treatment for communication skills and hearing evaluations.
- massage therapy-it relieves stress and removes metabolic waste and toxins.(Military Rehabilitation Program)
- Transition Training Academy (TTA)- lets them explore information technology as a possible career choice.
- Physical health and wellness (PH&W) program- a program that helps reduce stress, combat depression and live a healthy lifestyle. (Military Treatment Facilities)
Empowerment of your body and mind
The Military Mission "To honor and empower wounded worriers."
- "Vision: To foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded service members in our nation's history."
*To help injured service members aid and assist each other.
*To provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members."
The Military has provided veterans and active duty members with special programs that will help veterans overcome their problems and helping them adjust to civilian life.(Combat Stress Recovery Program)
Programs and Resources
"Combat Stress Recovery Program." PTSD & TBI Recovery & Military Injury Rehabilitation. ©2016 Wounded Warrior Project, Inc., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.
"Military and Veterans Issues." Therapy for. Copyright © 2007 - 2016 GoodTherapy.org. All Rights Reserved., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.
"Military Rehabilitation Program." Sitrin. N.p., n.d. Web.
"Military Treatment Facilities." Rehabs.com. Copyright © Rehabs.com 2016, n.d. Web.
"PTSD: National Center for PTSD." Treatment of the Returning Iraq War Veteran -. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.
"Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment." Military.com. © 2016 Military Advantage, n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2016.
Are you a veteran returning home? Have you thought of the effects that the war may bring you when returning home? 1st Image: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/programs/combat-stress-recovery-program.aspx
Empowerment of your body and mind 2nd image: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/programs/physical-health-wellness.aspx