Davis/Martin Weekly Update
September 28 - October 2
This Friday, 5th grade will be going on our 4-H Nature Center field trip. Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately and in tennis shoes, as we will be outside. If your child is bringing his or her lunch, please send it in a disposable bag. This will help make cleanup easy and fast!
Because we will be on our field trip on Friday, the Daily Language and Vocabulary Quiz will be given Thursday.
Mrs. Davis & Mrs. Martin
In LITERACY & SOCIAL STUDIES:
- Writing: Students are working on narrative writing. Last week, students selected a memory to focus on and began prewriting. This week, students will learn how to craft a strong lead and write their rough drafts.
- Daily Language Week 6
- Weekly Vocabulary: rendezvous, ponder, noxious, quagmire
- Read Aloud: Maniac Magee written by Jerry Spinelli
- Social Studies: Chapter 3: The Age of Exploration - Lesson 2: A Changing World, Points of View: Christopher Columbus, Lesson 3: Spanish Explorers
In MATH & SCIENCE:
- Our Matter Test will be this Thursday.
- We will also have our Fractions Test on Thursday.
- We will continue to work on our individualized math program on Khan Academy. Students are allowed to work on it at home.
- The students are improving their multiplication fluency by working on Math Facts Pro. Practicing Math Facts Pro is now part of the students' homework,multiplication logs are due on Monday.
- Weekly Reading Log: 20 minutes of reading, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's reading grade)
- Weekly Vocabulary Page: This will go home every Tuesday, and needs to be completed and returned every Wednesday
- Study for language/vocabulary quiz on Friday
- Weekly Multiplication Log: Math Facts Pro two times each night, 5 nights per week. These logs are also DUE MONDAY (this is averaged into your child's math grade)
- Students will most always have math homework every night through the week, Fridays and weekends off.