Destiny, Alyssa L., Presley, Lydia, Jade, & Miranda
- There is an investigation of ways to lessen the suffering and address the needs of the terminally ill, and their survivors.
Stages Of Dying
- Deny that they are dying
- Anger/resentment that it is gonna happen
- Bargin with God for a little while
- Peaceful acceptance - trying to tie up the loose ends for themselves and their loved ones.
- Dying away from home is a realitivly new phenomenon, and is primarily an outgrowth of our mechanized society.
- A merging trend use of hospice care.
- Common complaints from Thanatologists is that our society refuses to admit that death exists.
- If your loved one was on the verge of dying, would you choose hospice or would you take care of them yourself? Explain why.
- Are you afraid of dying? Why or why not?
- What emotions do you express when you have someone close to you that has just died or is about to? Explaiin why you have these.
- What way would you prefer to die if you could choose?
- What do you believe a person feels when they are dying?